Revo Stage 2+ Linear Throttle?

Gagwithgaffer

May 28, 2013
North Yorkshire
All,

Ok so I promised I'd give you feedback following the removal of the linear throttle.....

Much better!!!!

I went out with the mechanic for the test drive, he drove, I held the laptop which we were using to monitor the enegine levels, temps etc.

Interestingly enough since removing the linear throttle, we had to knock the fuel setting down from 6 down to 5, all other settings remained the same with turbo boost set to max.... woooosh!!!! ;)

So we immediately noticed the difference without the linear throttle, I much prefer it this way, the car seems more eager to open up, much more fun to drive and the turbo lag feel has more or less gone away now.

Fuel consumption not brilliant! lol

A lot of people swear by the linear throttle option, having tested both modes I can verify that the car is drivable without it, many people say the standard mode throttle is too intense at lower revs.. I think you'd be surprised, this really wasn't the case for me.

We had a good test run and the mechaninc was pretty impressed, pulls really well.

Having the revo engine/transmission mounts has def made a difference, you can still get a bit of road hop but really only happens on crap uneven roads. Since the stage 2+ I have had the wheels spinning in 3rd!

What a wicked car these Cupras are! puts a big smile on your face! :)

So luckily my concerns at the start of this thread were short lived, I also think going out with the mechanic for the test drive was a good move, he was impressed with the car and optimistic about the performance, that put all the confidence back in me too!

Gagwithgaffer

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.