Rolling road only produced 259bhp :(

Jm1987

Jul 27, 2015
Ahh my apologies to Jamie then, it was ME that miss read your post.

Yeah good chance it was the operators fault then if the gti was also having difficulties.

If you really did want to see the accuracy of your bhp then I suggest popping along to R-tech in Hinckley, its the most accurate dyno in your location

I weren't really too bothered about seeing what it had, its just that it was round the corner from my house and only £30, and seeing all them cars there when I was on my bike I thought, I've gotta go get the Cupra out lol [B)]

But now after seeing these results I think I will have to take it somewhere else (probably R-Tech as heard good things about them) to make sure it's not running 259bhp, which I'm sure it's not, really does feel so much quicker.

Jm1987

Jul 27, 2015
Bit late.... but got the printout now. As stated earlier can't post pics as still a newbie.
So 2 tests,

Test 1. Test 2.

Engine power (measured) 254.4hp@99mph /6357 1/min. 254.1hp@98mph 6274 1/min
Wheel power (measured) 236.4hp@99mph /6357 1/min. 235.6hp@98mph 6274 1/min
Power losses (measured) 18.0hp@99mpph /6357 1/min. 18.5hp@98mph 6274 1/min
Engine power (corrected) 258.9hp@99mph 6357 1/min. 258.6hp@98mph 6274 1/min
Torque (corrected) 2239lbs/ft @ 4454 1/min (Engine). 242lbs/ft @4354 1/min (Engine)
Pressure/Temp/(standard) 995mBar /20DegreesC (DIN)

pulpmelon_280

Jul 24, 2015
As I thought! Don't worry, its just the engine power calculation that is wrong!

The torque and power at the wheels is pretty much correct for a car that is factory rated for 276 metric PS at the crank.

Its also important not to compare your car to others that have run on different chassis dynos.

Even with the same car and the same dyno - just run on different days you can get surprising variations in numbers.

Finally if your still concerned - pump your tyres up another 6 psi, put some fresh high octane fuel in and run it again on a cold day in winter, you'll get another 10-15 bhp for free...

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Get Shell Nitro+ in it next time the timing that Momentum99 and BP 97 full is scary last time I did some logging.

Jm1987

Jul 27, 2015
As I thought! Don't worry, its just the engine power calculation that is wrong!

The torque and power at the wheels is pretty much correct for a car that is factory rated for 276 metric PS at the crank.

Its also important not to compare your car to others that have run on different chassis dynos.

Even with the same car and the same dyno - just run on different days you can get surprising variations in numbers.

Finally if your still concerned - pump your tyres up another 6 psi, put some fresh high octane fuel in and run it again on a cold day in winter, you'll get another 10-15 bhp for free...

Think im gonna have to take it to R-Tech sometime soon then. Only one thing I'm worried about is ill go there and end up having it remapped lol, and kind of been putting it off due to warranty, but I reckon been somewhere that does maps, I'll end up getting it done lol.

I'll bear that in mind with the tyres as well mate :thumbup:

Jm1987

Jul 27, 2015
Get Shell Nitro+ in it next time the timing that Momentum99 and BP 97 full is scary last time I did some logging.

I do like to use the nitro+, but where I work in rugby it's not a 24 hour one, so sometimes end up with the Tesco.

My A3 that was remapped at AMD Essex last year has had nothing but Nitro+ in it since. I'm sure once I get this remapped I'll make sure it's always Shell again.

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
I was told the tesco 99 was the best fuel as it is apparently the most even across all its stations, and it has a higher octane level.

pulpmelon_280

Jul 24, 2015
My Mazda 3MPS didn't like the Tesco 99 much, not sure why, some say its the higher alcohol content, I don't however have any evidence to suggest that is true!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Think im gonna have to take it to R-Tech sometime soon then. Only one thing I'm worried about is ill go there and end up having it remapped lol, and kind of been putting it off due to warranty, but I reckon been somewhere that does maps, I'll end up getting it done lol.

I'll bear that in mind with the tyres as well mate :thumbup:

R-Tech aren't doing the TSI Gen 3 at the moment only 1.8T and 2.0TFSI