Royal Deeside Speed Festival 21/08/16

Pete.

May 1, 2010
Aberdeen
Was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a club stand together for the royal Deeside speed fest.

Taken from the website
The Royal Deeside Speed Festival will take place on 21 August 2016 at Kincardine Castle, an iconic Scottish castle in the Royal Deeside valley 20 miles to the west of Aberdeen. The event will be based around a speed hillclimb with a range of high quality trade stands and motoring attractions which complement the event. The Royal Deeside Speed Festival will follow the ethos of the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Cholmondeley Pageant of Power.

http://www.rdsf.co.uk/#!the-event/c1d72

There’s not been a national meet for a few years so this could maybe be a good venue for that. Should be a good day out with lots going on and I think it would be good if we could get a decent club stand turn out.
I don’t mind organising it so if anyone is interested post up.

Last edited:

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
Can anyone do the hillclimb or does it need to be a track car? Cause I reckon my new car would give baz's ibiza a run for its money :lol:

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
I'd hope so it's nearly double the power! Mind you it is double the weight :)

I think but don't quote me on this: minimum required might be national b licence(non race), safety gear. I can't remember if there is a road car class anymore.

Last edited:

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
I'd hope so it's nearly double the power! Mind you it is double the weight :)

And it's 4wd :lol: how's the cupra going?

I think but don't quote me on this: minimum required might be national b licence(non race), safety gear. I can't remember if there is a road car class anymore.

Ah ok might just have to leave the Rs parked up then pity

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
Interesting might be worth seeing what this rs3 is actually made of then.

You doing much track days this year?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Just don't use launch control and it'll be fine ;-)

Na don't think so racing costs enough without beating sh*t out of the car for no reason lol.

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
Launch control on that thing is mental I've never been in anything that pulls so quickly from a standing start.

That's true mate you be at crail this year with it?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
I know my brother has a Stg2 one as well. ;-) Doesn't launch it, far too many horror stories of sheared bolts and props.

Doubt it. Never say never though. It would interesting to see the new set ups times.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Aye Scott's got them on.

Nothing since i parked it up after my last race meet in Sept LOL. New stroker engine, turbo set up and ecu sat waiting to in. First race weekend is 2nd/3rd April so i need to get my finger out.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.