RS6 replica alloys

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
Ok so ive managed to get hold of a little bit of cash;)

Im considering getting some RS6 alloys.. what size do you guys reckon will be best for a 1.6? Ive got choice between 18" or 17"

18" ive been told ride quality will be pants and fuel eco will go up, but will fill the arches better

17" will give better ride quality and probably better eco..

Not too bothered about the fuel eco as i live at home so i can afford the little bit extra.. but what about the ride quality.. and what about suspension? Roads around here aint exactly great:blink:

Also not that its an issue but can you get a seat sticker to stick on them so they look genuine seat ones:p

chrisimp

HI there well mine aint a 1.6 but heres a pic with seat centres of my cupraT

seatleon2.jpg

they are the 18"s ride is fine but I guess suspension is different on the lower modles?

at least you can see what they look like on the car :)

chris

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
well ive seen some kinda rude-boiiiii with RS6 alloys and tintz! Usually see him on way home from work around the girlington area near morrisons

Proc

Dec 24, 2007
Sheffield
wont be soon tho-watch this space.......
Your either changing your car, or smashing his up then. ;)

I was thinking of getting some 18" RS4 replica alloys, but with having a sliver LC i'm also toying with the idea of some anthracite or black alloys. Mmm decisions, decisions.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
Your either changing your car, or smashing his up then. ;)

I was thinking of getting some 18" RS4 replica alloys, but with having a sliver LC i'm also toying with the idea of some anthracite or black alloys. Mmm decisions, decisions.

nope neither.....

amccan10

Feb 16, 2007
Wishaw
The way i see it is, currently 15" wheels, 16" inch wouldn't be much of a difference looks wise.

17" or 18" would look a lot better. however the 18" wheels would weigh a good bit more than the standard 15" wheels.

Personally i'd go for 17"

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
is there really that much difference in weight between 17" and 18"?

What about ride quality? I mean i think i would go for 225/45 tyres so shouldnt be that bad right?!

Im useless in this kinda area so im sure someone will correct me :p

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
id say 17s if it were me as well
extra strain on the engine from propelling a larger radius/diameter wheel.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Not to put a downer on the alloys because i love the look of RS6s but the problem with replicas is that they dont use as good quality metal as they do with the OE ones. Like RikH rightly said the 18" are heavier than the 17" versions, i think this is mainly due to them being replicas.

Of topic a little, i was surprised when my new 18" Cupra R wheels are Same weigh than my 17" FR wheels. :confused:

amccan10

Feb 16, 2007
Wishaw
but going from 15" wheels to 18" could be a significant difference. extra weight on the wheels and only 105hp too

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
Not to put a downer on the alloys because i love the look of RS6s but the problem with replicas is that they dont use as good quality metal as they do with the OE ones. Like RikH rightly said the 18" are heavier than the 17" versions, i think this is mainly due to them being replicas.

Of topic a little, i was surprised when my new 18" Cupra R wheels are Same weigh than my 17" FR wheels. :confused:

Interesting point regarding the weight of replicas vs oem. I have some 17" original Audi TT wheels for my Golf, they are very heavy.

A friend has some RS6 replicas and one genuine Audi RS6 wheel, all without tyres, which he plans to sell. The genuine wheel is noticably heavier than the replicas. A higher unsprung weight is bad for the way the car drives, however I'd still rather rely on genuine Audi wheels for strength.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise