Rust

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
i have some.

Just though you might like to know!

Dam it!

Rear arches a common one? Anywhere else to look while shes in for surgery?

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
noticed that i had a bit of rust strating on the o/s/r wheel arch put some of that krust stuff on till i take it to jakes for it full respray:D. none around the windows though.
daymo that was not you that i saw outside scarborough with a red front bumper on sunday ?

Last edited:

Mat

noticed saturday that I am getting a bit on the inside of the rear arch

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Your not alone mate, both rear arches have some and the drivers arch has bubbled, oh and some near the rear window!! :cry:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
check properly under the sealer inside the arch where the inner and outer arch line up

in line with the middle of the tyre more or less - proper water/rust trap

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
same here. passenger rear arch on the lip has some rust and the rear window rate smack bang in the middle has a rust patch... as cars off the road nah will be sorting these out...

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
sad but true robbie, mines 10yrs old now but it just doesn't seem like it shoud be,

sorting it will have just be another chapter in the reciept book!! LOL

Mat

luckily no rust on rear window yet! I know that's a common issue, and some mk3s had it within 5 years I guess...

Oct 2, 2006
Mine has this slightly, poor fitment and design of the rear window rubber me thinks. It retains a bit of water in it.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
You can help matters by always making sure you dry out the seal running along the bottom of the window after washing it

(I also make sure I don't run the hose over the driver's side windscreen near the wiper scuttle for fear of getting the ECU wet)

Gotta love these cars... :)

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
JB! said:
just beginning to show on the inside of the rear wheel arch, an mine is a Jan 2002 car.

will be sorted this year hopefully.
How do you sort this early stage short of a grind back, treat and paint rear qtr panel? Can it be treated and sealed inside at all?

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
well im getting both arches sorted including a plate welding over what will be a hole and the big scuff re sprayed on the rear bumper for £300

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise