Sat Nav Updates

Scarabeo

May 27, 2014
Sunderland
I have just sent a mail to Seat head Office re this issue, its not the first time that I have had issues with my vehicle (280 Cupra), and they resolved them.

Scarabeo

May 27, 2014
Sunderland
THE REPLY FROM SEAT. I have asked again the reason why I have to pay

"Thank you for your recent contact in relation to obtaining a mapping update for your satellite navigation unit. Please accept my
apologies for the delay in my response.

I have spoken with our Parts Support Team who have confirmed the details of navigation update you require below:

SD Card Navigation Update – Part number is 5F0 919 866 F, at a RRP of £81.20, plus VAT."

I look forward to a response

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
You can get them for about £50 for a v5 card off ebay, but I think only the dealer can activate it (or maybe someone with vcds?)

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
You can get them for about £50 for a v5 card off ebay, but I think only the dealer can activate it (or maybe someone with vcds?)
Apparently on my model on my 2010 Leon it didn't need activation. I paid £150 though. Robbery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BigMac09

satnav upgrade

How do you go about finding the version of your maps?

I just picked my car up today and would like to know before he does a check up call ;)

mine was written on the box that I was given when I bought my 2.0 TDI 184 DSG FR
I have just spoken with Fiona at Customer services v7 is now available and I was given a price of £85.83 plus VAT for version 7

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
mine was written on the box that I was given when I bought my 2.0 TDI 184 DSG FR
I have just spoken with Fiona at Customer services v7 is now available and I was given a price of £85.83 plus VAT for version 7

Yep - and then the stealer will want about £30 to code it to the car.

Roughly £135 to update the maps is a joke.

And based on how inaccurate V6 is - there is no way they are getting £130 out of me to update the maps.

Local to me many of the roads have been reduced from 60 to 50 - over three years ago - the V6 still has them at 60 ( my tomtom with two year old maps has them correct )

Last edited:

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
World be so much better if the make were from Tom Tom, Garmin or Google. These propriety maps aren't that good at all. I have a 7 year old Garmin that is so much better. Still is nice to have one even if it is father basic

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
Woulbe so much better if the sat nav were from Tom Tom, Garmin or Google. These propriety maps aren't that good at all. I have a 7 year old Garmin that is so much better. Still is nice to have one even if it is father basic

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.