Satnav update for 2018 Toledo

TheRookie

Feb 9, 2015
Hi,
I am picking up my 2018 Toledo Xcellence (replacing Altea) this weekend and wondering whether the maps on the radio can be easily updated?
Went onto Seat website where it say I could just download maps onto the supplied SD card and be done with it.

However, at the bottom of the page it also says that MapCare (map update?) feature is not available for UK Toledos.
Is this right?

Thanks!

Tell

Staff member
You need the "workaround"

Resource:

Discussion thread:

The main thing is don't delete what is on the card, copy it out then follow the workaround instructions as per the resource. If it's got an SD card as you illuded to it says 6P on the part number, mib2 standard. If you haven't got the original card, all is not lost. All of that text is based on Seatcupra users since 2017. If you got iOS then you have to use CleanMyDrive to make the SD card ship shape.

Reactions: TheRookie

TheRookie

Feb 9, 2015
Thank you very much, very useful information!
Looks like the first thing I would have to check is the SD card size (16Gb vs 32Gb) and start from there.

I am wondering if dealers will see the error (the car comes with 2 years SEAT warranty) and do something about it, though.

Tell

Staff member
The flag is ignored. Lot of people are driving with that across Europe now and MQB Evo platform now sets the style of dealers ignoring all error scan codes 😍.

On the 32gb card the map for Europe popped the 16gb card a couple of years ago. Suspect with the yours the year will be the 16gb one. They offer the zoned releases for the 16gb card. However clever folk in Europe found you could just delete the non GB language files of the all European release and it fits on the card fine. Thus if you plan to drive across Europe you can do that or buy a VAG 32gb as an alternative using the main workaround (overall.nds from the current card).

Reactions: TheRookie

TheRookie

Feb 9, 2015
Got it thanks!
I'll see what kind of a card is in the car and then either get the 32Gb or do what you suggested WRT languages.

TheRookie

Feb 9, 2015
Updated the maps now - no issues encountered so far :)
Version 1810.

The language workaround wasn't needed, I just went with the Variant 1, which fits in 16Gb card.
The 32Gb card is on order :)

Reactions: Tell
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members