Scratches...

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com
To be honest i wouldn't touch any of those halfrauds touch up kits.

Have a go at it with T-Cut, if they are just surface then it should take them out.

Don't rub it too hard though or it will leave very fine scratches around the area.

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
T cut can be found at most auto shops halfords included i think autoglyms equivilant is called colour restore ? Never used that version of tcut looks good though

I've used a 'pen' before which you draw over the scratch wipe away the excess and it removes them pretty well. You have to leave it in sunlight for it to do its magic.

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
i got colour magic t cut from halfrauds and its very good for small surface scratches. i got the silver one coz my cars silver DOH.. but they do all colours including a black. id give that a go but dont rub too hard or on corners as you can make things worse. hope this helps ?

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
If your nail doesn't catch in the scratch, it will most likely polish out, either by hand or if you know anyone who has a machine polisher. I've had great success with a DAS-6 polisher and 3M pads and polishes.

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
T Cut or colour magic would be a better bet than those kits imo ,ive used both and they work well.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
T Cut or better still Meguiars Scratch X. Colour Magic will just fill the scratch rather than repair, so will wash off after time. Ideally get some 3M Fastcut will probably only take a single pass if it's not deep.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Nope, polish is not generally colour specific. You can get some waxes that are colour specific, like the Turtlewax Colour Magic that was mentioned previously. Really you want to be trying a slightly cutting compound to actually repair the scratch than simply cover it, such as T-Cut, Meguiars Scratch-X etc.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
You need this:

scratchx-2-0-new-formula-!!.png

I've always found T-cut to be a bit pants compared to Meguiars stuff.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Clean and dry the area properly, then apply with a foam pad. Apply light pressure and work over the area. Buff off with a microfibre. Repeat if needs be to get the result.
It will have instructions on there but this is the general way of using this stuff :)
Shame you're like 6hours away or I'd just buff it with my DAS-6 for you lol

rob_65

Sep 3, 2009
+1 for Scratch-X!

As you're using it, wait for it to become "greasy" before removing; it breaks down progressively with the action of applying it.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I quite like Farcela myself, it is very strong stuff though so if you do get some don't apply too much/rub too much

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.