Seat altea reverse light and interior light.

Jun 20, 2020
Hello. I'm new to the forum and it's my 1st car so be easy on me please.
I've got a problem with reverse light for awhile now. Noticed that reverse light isn't working anymore so I bought and changed bulb. Didn't work... I looked at the fuses and they seemed fine. So I bought and changed reverse swich. Still no success. I'm fed up reversing in pitch black and my MOT is due in 2 months.. So need to sort it out. Any ideas what the problem could be?
As I'm writing the post will use this opportunity to tell you about another problem I got..
I wanted to change interior lights to led lights. Seemed as cheap and nice improvement to the car. Changed them all except boot one (coz I was one bulb short).
Got delivery and tried changing the boot bulb. After doing so all interior light went off. Radio is still working and everything else seems fine. My knowledge of cars isn't great but I would say its a fuse.. What are your suggestions?
Anyone knows where reverse and interior light fuses are located on seat altea 2009?
Sorry for grammar mistakes as I'm not born English.
Any help will be much appreciated.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi you don’t need a reverse light for the mot which is just insane as it’s so dangerous. I would go to the back of the car and test for 12v power at the wiring harness first see if it has power then work your way back. You’ve done everything right so far with the stuff you’ve replaced. Also sounds like you’ve blown a fuse with the inside light and radio.

Jun 20, 2020
Hi you don’t need a reverse light for the mot which is just insane as it’s so dangerous. I would go to the back of the car and test for 12v power at the wiring harness first see if it has power then work your way back. You’ve done everything right so far with the stuff you’ve replaced. Also sounds like you’ve blown a fuse with the inside light and radio.
Thank you very much for your replie.
That sounds insane, passing mot without reverse light. It's very dengerous. Everytime I reverse from busy car park, I'm so stressed as no one can see me reversing. And if I can pass mot without it, I'm shocked...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.