Seat Connect - Updates Query

Feb 2, 2019
Sheffield
Hello Everyone

After three years with the 2018 Leon FR, (which performed faultlessly), last Wednesday, I picked up the new Leon FR Sport 1.5 DSG 150.

So far, although it's been only a few days, I am really impressed with it.

I can not believe how much the technology has progressed in 3 years. The only thing I can not find is how to instruct it to make me a coffee while driving ;)

I spent quite a while setting everything up, as you do, but only after that did I decide to setup/activate Seat Connect. Following this, when I next got in the car, it asked to 'Change Car Settings', which I clicked OK to. As a result, it wiped my Favourite Contacts, and reset some other settings, such as losing my Favourite Radio Stations. I kind of accepted this as I assume the settings I had initially made were tied to the Guest Profile, whereas I was now using the Primary Profile, as part of the Seat Connect Setup.

Anyway, onto my main query/question. Yesterday and today, when I got in the car, it asked to update the settings again. Now, I guessed this may have been because I'd used the Seat Connect App to add a Home Address, which had been wiped from the previous reset. For a few times, I clicked on 'Cancel', and nothing was changed. However, today, I thought, "What the Hell", I'll click OK, so I did.................

It went through the quick process, and I discovered the following;

1. My Phone Favourites had been wiped again. It did NOT lose the Favourite Radio Stations this time.
  2. My Nearside Rear Mirror had not remembered the position I had set when reversing, (not sure how I had set this initially as the manual seems to describe the process for a Manual Car).
  3. It had forgotten the "Side Exit" Alert setting I had enabled.
  4. I'm yet to check if it has forgotten my "Home Address" in the Navigation
  5. The biggest change was that it now links to Android Auto Wirelessly! I thought that Android Auto only worked with a lead. Still it does mean that I now have a spare travel lead for my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ;) Clicking on Android Auto, the phone was set up correctly, and my favourites were shown as they are on the phone. They were NOT shown on the Infotainment Phone Screen though, and it had forgotten the ones I had set. Luckily, I only have 5 set, so not a massive chore to add them back.
So, I'm just trying to get my head around how these updates work, and if anyone has knowledge on this. I have found the online Seat Connect Help to be somewhat lacking, and also the Owner's Manual seems to be missing the relevant information.

It would be good if the Changes/Updates could be applied selectively, which an option to select which ones to apply. An option to ignore updates would also be good, so the system would only update on request of the Owner. That would at least remove the constant request to "Update Vehicle Settings". I can just see it becoming a pain if updates are downloaded every few days. Just as you get everything how you want it, it changes.

So, I do really like the fact that Android Auto does not require a lead now, but, more control over the update process would be welcome.

It would also be good if there was more information on how these updates work, and how the Seat Connect works. Does the Car override the App, or does the App override the Car, for example.

Kind regards

Mike

Markessex

Dec 2, 2021
Mine does this randomly as well sometimes changing settings sometimes not, my car has always worked wirelessly with android auto
I do not use the internal navigation as it thinks where I live in Essex is Birmingham?, it’s going in for its oil change tomorrow and to have the new software update I have been told so hopefully it will sought the problems outwhich are many on my Hybrid .
And yes the manual is rubbish.

Feb 2, 2019
Sheffield
Mine does this randomly as well sometimes changing settings sometimes not, my car has always worked wirelessly with android auto
I do not use the internal navigation as it thinks where I live in Essex is Birmingham?, it’s going in for its oil change tomorrow and to have the new software update I have been told so hopefully it will sought the problems outwhich are many on my Hybrid .
And yes the manual is rubbish.
Yes, it does seem as if the software is in its infancy.

It would be nice if they issued some sort of Release notes, so we can see what changes in the software and what issues are resolved.

Mike

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I can not believe how much the technology has progressed in 3 years. The only thing I can not find is how to instruct it to make me a coffee while driving ;)
I'm looking to change to a MK 4 at the moment, perhaps I should buy one of these off ebay :ROFLMAO:...

Coffee.JPG

Reactions: Michael Siggers
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise