Seat Cupra 300 what to do extend lease buy or return 12/20?

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
Love the car built to my spec but may not be worth keeping. Depends on what happens by end December, taking covid etc into consideration.
Lease ends 30/12 only covered 5700 miles. I extended it twice to 36 months.
New offer formal
6 month £353.08 for 20,000 miles(cant be reduced vwfs rules 5k increase pa)
12 month £246.63 for 20,000 miles
6 months informal current rate £256.98

Warranty ends 30/12. Seat quote £925 for 12 months all components 0 excess. If they do not make better offer, whilst could use warrantywise (had cover on Skoda), a negative anything major being potential big outlay. Could happen

Purchase Latest BCA offer £19207. 06/20 £17650. A big increase, even allowing for quality used prices increased due to demand. Trade believes market will drop due to covid lockdown Christmas

Looking at other cars but so far nothing ticks boxes and cant just go to showroom and test drive as before. I am now classed as vulnerable age.

Thoughts comments appreciated

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Love the car built to my spec but may not be worth keeping. Depends on what happens by end December, taking covid etc into consideration.
Lease ends 30/12 only covered 5700 miles. I extended it twice to 36 months.
New offer formal
6 month £353.08 for 20,000 miles(cant be reduced vwfs rules 5k increase pa)
12 month £246.63 for 20,000 miles
6 months informal current rate £256.98

Warranty ends 30/12. Seat quote £925 for 12 months all components 0 excess. If they do not make better offer, whilst could use warrantywise (had cover on Skoda), a negative anything major being potential big outlay. Could happen

Purchase Latest BCA offer £19207. 06/20 £17650. A big increase, even allowing for quality used prices increased due to demand. Trade believes market will drop due to covid lockdown Christmas

Looking at other cars but so far nothing ticks boxes and cant just go to showroom and test drive as before. I am now classed as vulnerable age.

Thoughts comments appreciated

This is why I don’t lease or do PCPs. I think you’ve been bent over the table and properly goosed. I don’t know your financial situation but the way things are, you might be better off buying a decent runabout and waiting until this all settles down. I bought my Golf using a big deposit and a loan. When it’s paid off, the car is mine so I’ll have something to show for it plus it’s still worth a decent amount. I’ve been toying with an M2 or RS3 saloon but with everything going on, I’m sticking with my R.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
That 5700 miles - is that how many miles you’ve covered in the car since you’ve had it? How long have you had it?

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
That 5700 miles - is that how many miles you’ve covered in the car since you’ve had it? How long have you had it?

3 years 07/01/18. Not as I planned it to be. Circumstances out of my control limited use 2019 / 20

Reactions: xyz

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
This is why I don’t lease or do PCPs. I think you’ve been bent over the table and properly goosed. I don’t know your financial situation but the way things are, you might be better off buying a decent runabout and waiting until this all settles down. I bought my Golf using a big deposit and a loan. When it’s paid off, the car is mine so I’ll have something to show for it plus it’s still worth a decent amount. I’ve been toying with an M2 or RS3 saloon but with everything going on, I’m sticking with my R.

Mine was a special build from factory approved by CEO Luca de Meo. Have electric drivers seat alcantara trim, not an option in uk. Was going to buy it, but Seat uk agreed to lease and then have fun in unexpected early retirement. Not to be had an skin issue 2019 then covid lockdown. Should have kept 2012 Skoda Octavia cr dsg vrs 23k when I sold it hindsight a wonderful thing. Have knee issues caused by poor car seat design so car has to be right

Reactions: xyz

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
3 years 07/01/18. Not as I planned it to be. Circumstances out of my control limited use 2019 / 20

I’ve been the same. Got diagnosed with cancer last year which brought the mileage on my Golf right down - it’s below average mileage now!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise