Seat Ibiza - 1.2 Oil filter housing seals

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hey all,

This is something that always catches me out the last couple of years. But with my sister's Seat Ibiza 1.2 tsi 2012. When it comes to changing the oil filter, I've always had it that the new oil filter does not come with the two smaller oil rings that are in the stem part of the housing and it seems no brand of oil filter seems to supply this as standard in your filter box, only the big main one. Does anyone know where you can get these seals as they are due a change?

Thanks in advance
cea7197b12d51a081c4cf63401232374.jpg

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

vw.man

Apr 17, 2020
Is your sister's car the 4-cylinder TSI or the 3-cylinder non-TSI? You've said TSI but according to Catcar the TSI has the disposable baked-bean tin oil filter (like my car - also a 1.2TSI), and the non-TSI has the plastic filter housing into which you place the paper cartridge.

Catcar doesn't list o rings for the TSI. If you definitely have the cartridge, the o rings are part numbers N90041002 and N91000601.

Catcar gives the filter element a part number of 03D198819A for the non-TSI. If you google this it comes up with retailers selling the element including the o rings you desire, like Euro Car Parts.

HTH.

Martin

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Is your sister's car the 4-cylinder TSI or the 3-cylinder non-TSI? You've said TSI but according to Catcar the TSI has the disposable baked-bean tin oil filter (like my car - also a 1.2TSI), and the non-TSI has the plastic filter housing into which you place the paper cartridge.

Catcar doesn't list o rings for the TSI. If you definitely have the cartridge, the o rings are part numbers N90041002 and N91000601.

Catcar gives the filter element a part number of 03D198819A for the non-TSI. If you google this it comes up with retailers selling the element including the o rings you desire, like Euro Car Parts.

HTH.

Martin
Hey Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me. It is the 3 cylinder engine and is definitely a paper cartridge, the one that is smartly located about the alternator . Well I assume it's a tsi engine as the spark plug cover states 1.2 tsi but I guess that could of be changed in the past due to not having it from new. Thanks for these parts I will check these out. Thank you

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise