Seat Ibiza 1.4 formula sport 2007 Won't start at my wits end any advice please

LukeFormulaSport

Jun 21, 2018
Hi everyone I'm new to forums so am really appreciative of any help and advice that can be given on this matter.
I purchased a 2007 1.4 formula sport ibiza 6 months ago for £1000 (the price will be relevant once I explain) had plent of service history, 93000 miles was lowered had a revometer fitted, custom lighting inside and out its had even been remapped to 120bhp, custom cherry bomb exhaust... it proper swayed me when buying it.
I found out 6 months later it had 2 grand outstanding finance and through sheer luck after a lengthy appeal I was able to keep it during the appeal I purchased, 1.0 micra incase I had the motor taken off me but now the appeal has went my way I wanted to get my Ibiza back on the road.
It's was off the road for about 6-8 weeks and I started it once a week for a few mins which I know probably never did much to charge the battery as eventually I came to turn it over and it was dead.

Now here's the problem..... Once I found it dead I pulled the micra alongside the ibiza and applied the jump cables the correct way and let the micra run for about ten mins every so often giving the micra a rev,
Eventually the ibiza lite up inside and I popped the key (none button key) in the ignition and tried to turn over all that happened was that it turned over for half a second and cut out flashing and beeping the imobilzer symbol on the dash board.

I was told that my key may need to be recoded so I went to a company called Duplicate where they tested my key and said it was fine and to take it back home and leave it in the ibiza with ignition on for around half an hour and give it time for the imobilzer to reset and recognise the key.
I went home feeling well chuffed and tryed the guys advice but it didn't work.
I spent the evening on google and someone suggested charging the battery fully out of the ibiza and then popping it back in and trying the process again. Once again this didn't work.
I then went back to the Duplicate company and asked for them to come and check my car in person as they have the diagnostic kit with vagcom on so waited for them to come and when they plugged in the diagnostic kit he could not connect to the ECU to see what the problem is and all I paid was his call out charge £20.
Another expert suggested I may of fried the ECU when applying the jump cables but they were put on correctly certain of that. But if it was the imobiliser maybe I would need to go to a seat dealer to get the imobilzer sorted out which due to being made redundant a trailer cost to take the vehicle up there and what ever the Seat dealer charges is really the last last option and not possible anytime soon.
In a last ditch attempt I took the battery off again and touched the connecters together to drain the left over electricity in the car something I didn't do before
I put everything back together and even checked and changed the fuses to the electrical unit then left key in the ignition for half an hour again hoping that this time the ECU was awake this time to tell the imobilzer to recognise the damm key.
And once again it didn't not work it just get trying to fire over with no luck.

I must add the only problem I had with the car was 2 months into having it when I pulled up at the shops for a few mins and then the car wouldn't start back up so I rolled it down the hill and it jump started into limp mode then cut out and fired back up... When I took it to the local garage they did a diagnostics check (so the ecu was working then) and it came back with a throttle body intake problem code and the guy reset it and I continued to used it with no problem for a further 4 months until I took it off the road.

Moneys really tight now and my ibiza for its age and milage and modifications on the auto trader an other sites are priced between 1800 to 2300 pounds so if it was working I would be able to resolve a few financial issues and would not want to go down stripping it for parts or selling it dirt cheap and seing someone driving round in it because they have fixed it for cheap.
All I know is is that the car was fine till the battery died and understand why the imobilizer is playing up but don't understand why the ecu ain't responding even after changing fuses using a seat diagram.

I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place as I'm unable to strip it as its on my grans drive and don't want to turn her place into a scrap yard but I'm unable to move it and get it running to sell it for its true cost.
Any help is much apreciated if anyone out there I'm based in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham and am willing to pay for someone to help me get it running I'm just confused on who I need to contact as I don't know what part of the car is playing up.
Thanks for reading this very long life story thanks Luke

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180316-010100.png
    Screenshot_20180316-010100.png
    811.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20171109-093801.png
    Screenshot_20171109-093801.png
    801.7 KB · Views: 130