• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Oct 9, 2026
1
0
Morning everyone,

It’s an early start for me because I’ve been racking my brain as to what is going on with the motor.

I just picked up a little run for myself, I didn’t need any to jazzy as it’s something I literally only needed for popping around town etc.

The issue- when I looked round the vehicle last weekend it was a tidy little car and drove really nicely. Advert stated replaced battery and alternator new MOT, new brakes etc.

Got home parked up, didn’t need to drive it the following day but on the 3rd day, dead as a dodo. No central locking, no lights on the dash no ticking over.

Jumped the car and started fine took it out for a drive and left it running another 10mins checked battery getting 13.8v whilst the car was running. Came to the car the following day dead again. Checked to make sure there was no lights left on e.g boot lights, side lights etc, nothing.

I replaced the Battery because maybe they didn’t actually have it done, again nothing. No lights on dash, so maybe a new battery with no charge. Jumped again and took it for a spin. This time things started getting a bit annoying. The power steering light was on the dash but I wanted to try and get charge in the battery go to my destination and the car decided to turn off got it going again from a jump. Went to drive off and cut out again. It’s currently parked up waiting for me to get it fixed.

Any light on this scenario would really help before I attempt getting it down to the garage.

Thanks.