Seat Ibiza FR 1.2 105 PS STAGE 1 REMAP

Jezeky

Sep 4, 2018
Hi all,

New member here.

Got a lovely Seat Ibiza FR BLACK edition 1.2tsi 105PS 2015 a few months ago and I'm looking seriously into getting it remapped, installing a cat back exhaust system and a new free flow air filter.
Standard Specs:
103BHP
129lb/ft of torque
REMAP:
132BHP
160lb/ft of torque

Now I know the stage 1 remap will give me 130BHP. But would I need to change the clutch? One thread I saw mentioned this although everyone I spoke to said the clutch at stage 1 will be fine.

How much BHP would the exhaust realistically add with the free flow air filter or air induction kit if any? Looking at spending around 700-800 quid for all aprox.

Thanks in advance

Any other helpful comments would be great.

Jezeky

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum,

Which mark is your ibiza (or year if you're not sure), then I can put this post in the right section so you get more like minded people looking at your question.

I would think that a cat back system wouldn't give you much power increase until you get a stage 2 and have the full exhaust with sports cat.

Glad your getting stuck into the modding straight away lol

Cheers

Reactions: Jezeky

Jezeky

Sep 4, 2018
Welcome to the forum,

Which mark is your ibiza (or year if you're not sure), then I can put this post in the right section so you get more like minded people looking at your question.

I would think that a cat back system wouldn't give you much power increase until you get a stage 2 and have the full exhaust with sports cat.

Glad your getting stuck into the modding straight away lol

Cheers
2015 buddy. I edited it into the post :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Welcome. You might as well try the stock clutch with the remap. It won't break, at worst it will slip slightly at peak torque. If it holds, money saved, if it doesn't you've lost nothing because you were thinking of changing it anyway.

It also depends on how the clutch has been used (slipped on hills, slammed at traffic lights) and how it will be used after mapping (just because peak torque is 160lbs, doesn't mean you will use that at every take off).

I'd say for a catback + panel filter you'd be looking at a single digit bhp increase combined. I don't believe they do a Stage 2 for the 1.2 engine, but I could be wrong.

Jezeky

Sep 4, 2018
Welcome. You might as well try the stock clutch with the remap. It won't break, at worst it will slip slightly at peak torque. If it holds, money saved, if it doesn't you've lost nothing because you were thinking of changing it anyway.

It also depends on how the clutch has been used (slipped on hills, slammed at traffic lights) and how it will be used after mapping (just because peak torque is 160lbs, doesn't mean you will use that at every take off).

I'd say for a catback + panel filter you'd be looking at a single digit bhp increase combined. I don't believe they do a Stage 2 for the 1.2 engine, but I could be wrong.
Thanks for the feedback. It's great to just learn more about cars. Stage 1 remap is defo on cards for sure. Just don't knkw eat else to do to it. To make it a better abd more efficient machine. Tanks again fir your thoughts.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
To see any meaningful power increase from the exhaust the bit you need to upgrade is the manifold. Assuming you can. Changing the rest if the tubes isn't going to do much, except cost you money and make noise.

Air filter, same deal. It's just not going to make any difference. Kids fit this crap because it's easy, cheap and makes them feel better.

Steve Thompson

Apr 16, 2018
Mines a 64 plate fr 1.2 tsi running stage one 130bhp 237nm of tourque.. cat back with inclosed induction kit... Dyno proved still running stock clutch... also you can stage 2 these enignes with appropriate mods...

Last edited:

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
To see any meaningful power increase from the exhaust the bit you need to upgrade is the manifold. Assuming you can. Changing the rest if the tubes isn't going to do much, except cost you money and make noise.

Air filter, same deal. It's just not going to make any difference. Kids fit this crap because it's easy, cheap and makes them feel better.

I have not touched my Ibiza so cannot comment on that and I am not sure if you get actual BHP benefits but a good air filter like a K&N filter can make the car feel much more responsive. Used many in the past on a few cars and you can feel it as you can with a good exhaust.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I am not sure if you get actual BHP benefits but a good air filter like a K&N filter can make the car feel much more responsive.

I remember seeing a test years ago which basically concluded that all you get from performance air filters is poorer filtration. Running the car with no air filter at all would be even more 'free flowing', would you want to do that?

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
I remember seeing a test years ago which basically concluded that all you get from performance air filters is poorer filtration. Running the car with no air filter at all would be even more 'free flowing', would you want to do that?

Of course you need some air filter but if the car can breath easier it helps.

I am no expert or mechanic just speaking from my own experience a good air filter can help the car feel more responsive over stock air filters. As I said not sure if that would equate to any BHP benefits

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Sure, but the point is that removing the filter altogether would be even better!

I figure the filter is there for a good reason. It's not something I want to compromise on for the sake of a tiny difference in how the engine feels.

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
Not sure anyone would want to remove the filter altogether and apart from possible problems from anything getting in the engine the engine and computer might be set up for an air flow within a certain range (original air filter or performance) but with none it might knock it all to whack - that's jut my theory there of course :headhurt:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members