Seat Leon 1.4 TSI 150 GPF?

Dec 30, 2022
Hello!

Did the 1.4 TSI 150 ever get fitted with a GPF? Or did they only come in on the 1.5's?

Currently looking for a 1.4 tsi FR and really hoping they never had this technology introduced!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The VW press release article at the link below states that VW started fitting GPF’s to the 1.4 petrol engine in the Tiguan in 2017, so presumably the roll out of fitting GPF’s to petrol engined cars built under other VAG brands (Seat, Skoda and Audi) would’ve started around the same time. So it’s possible some later 1.4 tsi engines in the Leon might be fitted with GPF’s.

I’ve not heard of any issues with GPF’s on VAG branded petrol engined cars and they’ve been fitted for some time now. I don’t think they’re as problematic as some of the early DPF’s fitted to Diesel engined cars. My 2.0 VW Polo GTI+ has a GPF and as far as I’m aware, it’s only performed one active regeneration in 10k miles, although regen frequency will be influenced by the types of journeys driven. Apart from that one regen, I’ve never been aware of my car having a GPF - it drives and behaves no differently to the previous non-GPF 1.8 petrol engined VW I owned.