Seat Leon 2.0 TDI FR 550 - Need Advice!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I believe it'll be a PD170 engine. Not sure on the DPF. Being a 550 it's limited edition and should have:

"Building on the already racy FR’s base, the new model adds particularly grippy bucket-style seats with sporty integrated head restraints, arch-filling 18” ‘Draco’ alloy wheels, a USB connection (for ultimate iPod or MP3 connectivity) and, naturally, unique FR550 tailgate badging."

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Thanks for that.
Really wondering if I should go for it or not.

That's a tough one. I can only go on what I've read / remember from here. But I recall there were injector issues (which may or may not have been fixed by recall on it). And if it does have a DPF as it was fitted as an afterthought, the DPF was known to cause problems.. then of course the DPF has a lifetime of 100k miles. And if that needs replacing, it's probably more than the value of the car.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
MOT History isn't too bad... although the engines had a small oil leak for the past 2 years.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
This will defo have the dpf, only the pd140 came without the DPf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
DPF issues are not uncommon on those engines so it might be better to find a CR engined car, they started from 2009 anyway.

Plus the interior is loads better in the facelift cars, the nice bucket seats in the 550 can't make up for the crap dash, console and clocks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.