Seat leon Cupra 290 2019 exhaust options

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Hello,

Im thinking for doing something to the exhaust. want some nosie but not too loud
but im doubt for a 3 inch downpipe with 200 cell sport cat or just resonator delete.
what is your opinion on this?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The resonator delete is relatively inexpensive c.€100 plus fitting and can be reversed relatively easily if you don’t like it. There are a number of people on here have done that on the 290. I have the OPF ST so stuck with silence unless I sell a kidney!

A custom exhaust or non-OEM is c.€1000-2000. Other options include removing or replacing the rear boxes.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
want just a little bit sound and want the crackle and dsg fart to be a bit louder.
and was wondering what would be better to do.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020
I have recently purchased and fitted the VAGsport resonator delete and its made such a goo difference, general tone of exhaust and burble/pops on the overrun. such a good investment for little money!

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Im thinking of buying a downpipe for my car. i found this company in germany.
they offer this 2 downpipe for my car. my car has the opf.
so the opf delete one would be great. but is it easy to remove the opf cable etcetera or better buy the opf delete one.

ej_290

Sep 13, 2021
I currently have a vag sport resonator delete pipe and it made a big difference to standard, will be coming off soon as I've gone turbo back system.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Yeah the opf make it a bit silence. But i want to order a downpipe with 200 cell sportcat to go stage 2. And then its oke for me. Car is fast enough.

Reactions: ej_290
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.