Seat leon cupra opf version

sh5a5100

Jun 24, 2020
Hey friends. I had an 2018 cupra and it was stage 3 lm500 turbo about 490whp i destroyed every car in my town. I sold it now and ordered a opf carbon black cupra.. i was told that the opf engine wont be good as the old ones it will limit the perfirmance also heard that the opf engine so weak wont be good when tuned.. sorry for my english hope for help

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not sure where they’re getting all that from.

The revised engine is still producing the same power stage 1 despite the OPF (GPF) and the lack of port injection.

So I would say that when stage 3 is developed for the cars (if not already) although not road legal (as the OPF will need to be removed) It will probably produce similar numbers.

sh5a5100

Jun 24, 2020
Not sure where they’re getting all that from.

The revised engine is still producing the same power stage 1 despite the OPF (GPF) and the lack of port injection.

So I would say that when stage 3 is developed for the cars (if not already) although not road legal (as the OPF will need to be removed) It will probably produce similar numbers.
Hey.. the opf made the same numbers on dyno but on street weak. Also u cant remove the opf on stage 3 .

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hey.. the opf made the same numbers on dyno but on street weak. Also u cant remove the opf on stage 3 .
The torque and power figures I’ve seen for OPF cars have been comparible.

I’ve also seen where some owners have already removed the OPF just for stage 1 and 2. So not sure how you can say you can’t remove the OPF?

sh5a5100

Jun 24, 2020
Tnx for the fast reply.. can u tell me how can i remove the opf without changing the ecu and everything in the car?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Tnx for the fast reply.. can u tell me how can i remove the opf without changing the ecu and everything in the car?
I don’t know personally, but it will require an update to the ECU software not the physical ECU itself.

I know of an owner who has swapped their standard OPF downpipe for a previous OEM downpipe without OPF from an earlier model, and then used a JB4 to bypass any issues.

sh5a5100

Jun 24, 2020
My tuner told me that i have to change the entire ecu and injectors air manifold and almost everything in the car and thats my old apr downpipe wont fit in the new opf car.. but as u say there's a way to remove the opf by tuning the ecu?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
My tuner told me that i have to change the entire ecu and injectors air manifold and almost everything in the car and thats my old apr downpipe wont fit in the new opf car.. but as u say there's a way to remove the opf by tuning the ecu?
I thought it was @KernelOkey who had gone stage 2 with an OPF, but sadly my memory fails me. It maybe someone else on the Facebook groups with a Cupra R ST who has gone Stage 2. But there has been others. So it is possible with a changed downpipe. If a plug in box like a JB4 is capable of doing it, then surely a proper ECU remapper should be able to do it.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Its the same engine just without MPI, so its not weaker or performing worse. Plenty of people have removed opf, either with a non opf car dp or aftermarket options. Your apr dp will fit, you just have to make the dp longer or just add a small exhaust pipe.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members