seat leon cupra r 210 ...Dath Vader

cupra02ben

May 10, 2012
so after selling my mk5 feista zetec-s in the search for something with a tad more power and and bigger i settled on getting a cupra r.
looking at all the possibilities such as golf gti, polo gti, type r, st, ibiza the leon seemed to have everything i was looking for spec wise and good size.
after looking at a few leons and being let down after hours of driving to supposedly "mint examples" i found a nice cupra r 210 10 mins down the road sitting on my door step!

leon cupra r
210 amk
86,000 miles
FSH
T & T
cambelt and water pump recently changed
completely standard other than a forge 007p
2 owners
all for 3000 pound :)
only real issues where that it need a good bit of tlc being a black car and has a slight crease in rear quarter from a shopping trolley collision :)

the day i brought it

the week leading up to the big clean and detail :) got a bit dirty

after a full wash with meguiars gold glass shampoo, auto glym clay bar, another gold class wash, super resin polish, layer of colinite and a final layer of meguiars ultimate hydrophobic paste wax she came up pretty well :)

As you can see in the photos as soon as i had gave her a good clean i had a full set of team heko wind deflectors fitted along with my sony xplode headunit.

after having the car for a month or 2 getting used to it i decided it was time to start with the list :)

got a green cotton pannel filter with new cold air feed that sits in the bottom grill

as well as some cupra r plate holders of a friend who also has a leon.

here is mine and his leon (tdi 150, amd remap, miltec full system i believe, cupra r interior, 40mm lower, cupra 180 read bumper, lots more but you get the picture...

next on the list was a change of tyres as the bridgestone pottenzas had been shredded in the wet weather.... after a long look and a lot of research and went with vredestein ultrac vorti... they are amazing btw!!

fitting

pretty much from there onwards had nothing else done as was hitting all the shows... fast show, street nationals, mod nats, and most recently ultimate street car :)
oo and not forgetting wax stock!!

after hitting the shows kind of went mad into detailing and keeping her clean , also picking some stickers up on the way...

along the way painted my wheel bolt covers to match the brembos :)

also brought alot of detailing products :

things where going well enjoying the new car and the shows with my local club CMMOC (Check them out everyone welcome, look out for us at trax!)
i hit a problem.... driving home one night down local bypass, came off a rounabout and when i hit boost get the worst whisle noise ever =/ .. instant thought is there goes my turbo =/ got this video so can hear the noise =/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxIk7n1wgE

had a good look around here and alot of people where pointing me at the turbo being on its way out so took it down local trusted garage to have alook.... he came back to me saying yes it has a whistle but he cant see any issues at all with the turbo or surrounding pipes.
i knew something wasn't right so was still concerned but carried on driving it just tried to stay away from heavy acceleration and keep it in low boost...
then on a lunch break at work i was checking my cold air feed was all still in place i found this!

a nice big hole in my turbo intake pipe!
so got on here had a look and ordered up a badger 5 v3tip to replace it....
unfortunately they seemed to have a problem with getting stock in so i have now gone with the v2.2 which i believe is the better one out of the 2 and currently waiting on delivery which i hope will be soon as ideally would like it asap!

just this week i have had 17mm rear spacers fitted off the red leon above^ and it seems to sit well and hopefully even better once i have sorted my suspension out!

thats it for the moment. looking forward to trax and future mods!

big plans:
cobra full turbo back 3inch decat system non res
forge/airtec front mount
uprated suspension around 40mm drop to get rid of arch gap
dog bone mount
anti roll bars
upper, lower and rear struts
uprated sachs clutch
forge/sfs/badger5 silicone boost/intercooler hoses
finally a AMD stage 2 custom remap!
:)

smaller stuff:
pressed plates
body work repair
carbon wing mirrors (upgrade to tear drop mirrors possibly) and rear diffuser
hid headlight conversion
window tints
uprated speakers with stealth boot build
new set of wheels... possibly 3sdm 0.06 as love these wheels (standards for winter)
standard wheels powdercoated in either brilliant silver or gloss anthracite

idealy once the above is done i would like interior retrim in black leather with red fabric or toying with the idea of r32 interior swap
as well as a full respray ;)

soo thats it for now... will keep updated as i go on... exhaust should be fitted with in next few weeks so will get some pics and vids....

1986brandon1

Nov 16, 2011
Chester
Looks good, and some nice plans. Wish I was as keen on cleaning the car as you. I also have a black Mk1 and it's a PITA to keep clean.

cupra02ben

May 10, 2012
Yeah wasnt after a black one but couldnt turn it down, possible colour change at end of year though on the cards

dazzaboy

Jun 23, 2013
Southend, Essex
Very nice, the black ones are faster :p how did u find the wind deflectors? Im considering getting them, and also wondering if they look better with tinted windows but yours look good so might have to buy some :)

cupra02ben

May 10, 2012
Very nice, the black ones are faster :p how did u find the wind deflectors? Im considering getting them, and also wondering if they look better with tinted windows but yours look good so might have to buy some :)

Yeah black ones are :D yeah got wind deflectors pretty much next day, look brilliant!

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
That's a fine example of a black lcr, keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing some updates in the future

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise