Seat Leon FR 180hp oil change

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I just picked up my ex demoed Seat Leon FR 180hp from the dealer last weekend.
It is set to variable service but im planning to do a oil change in the near future just to spoil it a bit and i dont want to wait untill it has done 30000km before the first oil change..

But i cant find anything about how much oil there should be in the engine or what viscosity.
The only thing i have been able to find is that it should be a oil that fulfills VW 504 00 standards..

So does anyone know how much oil you need for the 1.8T engine?
The car was built in october/november 2013.
Also what viscosity should be used?

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
any VW 504 oil should be 5w30, and I think the 1.8t is 4.3ltr. But you can just measure how much you take out, and fill it up slowly to that amount.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
any VW 504 oil should be 5w30, and I think the 1.8t is 4.3ltr. But you can just measure how much you take out, and fill it up slowly to that amount.

Ah okay, didnt know that the VW 504 also defines the viscosity.
Ah thanks, im about to order oil but i dont want to drain the old oil before i have the new here :)
And i also dont want to order to little oil :)

Buzzlightyear

Mar 17, 2014
Can't help with quantities but I understand all cars leave the factory with 5w-30 castrol edge. The oil specs being suitable for both petrol and diesel versions, and both variable and set maintenance schedules. Not cheap oil, but you can get 4-litres for £30 online.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I actually called Seat's office here in Sweden but they had to get back to me.
2minutes ago they called and the quantity is 5.2liter including filter change, i was sure it was less :)

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013

I rang my dealer and he said that my 1.8tsi should have 5w 40 put into it as its on a annual fixed service - bit confused now. Is there much difference between the two and had the dealer got it wrong?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.