Seat Leon MK2 2012 Copa Thermostat housing fasteners/bolt replacement

Aug 24, 2023
Hi all,
Long time lurker here, I have taken off my thermostat housing (what a nightmare....) anyways.....there appears to be 2x m8 bolts which have a 12 spline head, approx 28mm long and 6mm thick? I cannot for the life of me find replacement bolts/fasteners. Even tried SEAT themselves today and they said "that looks like it is an aftermarket bolt....however I have since found online via youtube that fabia/skoda replacement thermostat housing video's have the same bolt as mine....
(okay I admit I completely butchered the 6 point head (but not the 12 spline within the head) yes you guessed it the bottom bolt/fastener of the thermostat housing.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the specific bolt/fastener in question?

Thankyou

Aug 24, 2023
Hi R3k1355, would that work? I looked on Screwfix and there was a pack of 50 for just under a £10er, I though that was too simple :)
Thankyou bud.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
You sure it's not M7? That's a commonly used size on VAG thermostat housings.

Have a look at part number N90945002 (Google search) and see if it matches what you have. It's listed as M7x21.5

It has a hex head on the inside but that could be just down to a design change from the factory one.

Aug 24, 2023
Hi Rusty,
That bolt looks very similar to the one I have (except the hex head) Thankyou, may I ask how you found that part number? Just for future reference thanks Jay Jay

Aug 24, 2023
Just coming back to provide an update for anyone else reading this thread in the future, I have managed to source an individual whom has some original OEM thermostat bolts. Not sure if this seller is a private individual or a trader however they fit my seat leon 2012 1.6 tdi Copa perfectly. I will post a link once I finish work and if I remember :)

Thanks all for your help.
XJay

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.