Seat Leon mk2 fr brake upgrade question

Apr 8, 2019
Hello guys, first post on here. The front brakes on my fr are due replacing soon and I was thinking of upgrading them to the cupra brakes (345mm discs). I know that I need cupra's brake discs, pads and calipers but my question is do I need cupra caliper carriers too or do the fr carriers fit the cupra calipers? Its a Leon FR 2007. Thanks for all your answers :)

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
You will need the carriers as well. The carriers are specific to the 345mm calipers, on mine there was no way the original carriers would have worked.

Also worth noting that the sliders are ridiculously expensive.

If you have 16 inch wheels the calipers wont fit underneath 17s is tight but should fine. You will also most likely need a set of custom brake lines (just the flexible bit) as there is no standard fixing for a Cupra ATE caliper (345) to a non Cupra car. HEL do them at a reasonable price.

If you need any more advice give me a shout.

Reactions: KimJongZoot

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
b618cad10fd1e2ec804ecee9339344a5.jpg

fec49656d3fcc1e77f1f02e47035d212.jpg

4873a4edb679fe64b3addcda7bc4dd9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2019
Thanks so much for your answers guys, very helpful! I've got 18" wheel so everything should fit in nicely. Do you know where I can get the carriers from? This is the only part that I've struggled to find, I found the part numbers on a different forum but when I paste them into Google it doesn't find what I'm looking for. Thanks once again :)

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
hmmm... I got the whole lot from @Legojon on here. I would try a dealer or a breakers yard maybe? Normally when I have seen them for sale they all come together.

Jan 22, 2021
Cork, Ireland
I’m planning on changing my front brakes too and planning on upgrading to the 345mm brake setup. I’m struggling to find a site where i can order callipers and carriers for this upgrade, and also what kind of money are we talking about? So can anyone point me in the right direction? ? Thanks in advance.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Do you just flash your badge and order? Do they need to have you setup on their computer as a business or something?

Well they told me on the phone to bring it but wasnt that interested in seeing it once I got there lol. Did spend £417 though lol.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.