Seat Leon MK3 Test-Drive from Romania

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Hello, my name is Andrew and i am from Romania. Altough i have been reading this forums for a while this is my first thread and i would like to say Hello to everybody here.
Below there are some pictures from a test-drive that i took for 1 day and 1 night with a MK3 FR 1.4Tsi, red with some options on it. I couldn`t test the 2.0TDI 150bhp because here in Romania they don`t bring these kind of engines for a test-drive.
Hoping this month i will place an order for a MK3 , nevada white, 2.0tdi, led headlights and taillights, seat sound, heated seats, navi.
I am still in doubt with the sunroof if it is worth it , so if someone has tested a car with sunroof please let me know what you think of it.

Last edited:

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Funny how the specs differ!
You cant get those wheels on the FR in the UK, they only come on the SE.

I think the FR needs the 18s to look the part.
Nice selection of pics tho, the lights do look good at night!

Andy

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
Hi Andrew

Like the photos. Are those the standard 17 inch wheels for the FR in Romania? Those wheels are the option for the SE in this country. Also noticed that the car was fitted with Winter Contis. Just aswell looking at your night photographs. Northernmonkey has a sunroof I'm sure he will let you know what he thinks of it.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
My mistake, these wheels are optional too and yes, the car was factory fitter with Conti Winter tyres.
I see there are different options from contry to contry, for example look at the choices in colors you have in Germany for the new FR. As well as the 184bhp tdi engine.

gamer555

Dec 6, 2008
Brussels
from my point of view, it would be a plus to have these wheels as "stock" for FR, but they are indeed the optional 17 ones for "Style" trim (equivalent of SE).

i saw pictures of this car with the same wheels (attending the spring meeting of clubseat.eu), and I asked about the wheels. it seems that the car arrived in romania with summer tires fitted, and due to the bad weather the wheels from a "Style" were borrowed - only temporarily. so don't be fooled, there is no different in "stock wheels" for FR.

Last edited:

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Thanks for all the Pics have just placed an order for a Red FR 18" alloys and Tech Pack you should be on commission from SEAT :)

jackaz

thank you very much for the pictures!
i have one question: how did you like the seat sound system? i have a feeling seat could have made a better option for a little bit higher price.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
I liked the seat sound very much..it can be very loud and precise if you want it to. For the money it is quite a good deal.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members