Seat Leon MK4 - No Wireless Apple Carplay in Portugal

Dec 6, 2021
Hello to all you SEAT brothers.

I bought my Seat Leon MY21 FR 1.5 eTSI on April, 2021.

Had high expectations about the car as a tecnologic show-case.

Turns out all the publicity about Wireless Apple Carplay and other remote features is fake. I can only get it by USB-C cable.

Another missing feature regards the SEAT Connect App.

No stationary heating services... neither door unlock/lock option.

I'm really sad SEAT official dealer don't have an answer to all this faults.

I live in Portugal and I would like to know if any of my portuguese friends have the same issues as me.

Wishing for better days and quick updates...

FalconTech

Jun 8, 2021
If you send us a message with your VIN, we can check if your car has the necessary telematics module installed for seat connect
I received an official letter from the headquarters in Spain that, based on my VIN, my car is not equipped with required modules to wireless connection.
So I don't know if it is written in VIN or they were just lying - I could code wireless CarPlay and AA without any problems (v1803).

Regarding the application. eTSI motors only equipped with additional heating (webasto) have a heating/ventilation option in the application. Yes, I know, the information brochures say that this is an option available on all engines, but apparently they forgot to write that it requires webasto.

webasto.jpg

Don't look at the description, the option is wrongly named. Only PHEV has the option of parking air conditioning, for me it activates parking heating when it is cold or ventilation when it is warm outside.

Reactions: Besugo78
Dec 6, 2021
I received an official letter from the headquarters in Spain that, based on my VIN, my car is not equipped with required modules to wireless connection.
So I don't know if it is written in VIN or they were just lying - I could code wireless CarPlay and AA without any problems (v1803).

Regarding the application. eTSI motors only equipped with additional heating (webasto) have a heating/ventilation option in the application. Yes, I know, the information brochures say that this is an option available on all engines, but apparently they forgot to write that it requires webasto.

View attachment 29474

Don't look at the description, the option is wrongly named. Only PHEV has the option of parking air conditioning, for me it activates parking heating when it is cold or ventilation when it is warm outside.
Thank you so much for your reply.

I confess i'm a tech-oriented guy and a lot of my expectations were left down with this issues.

I consider that SEAT is lacking greatly on their feature's communication...

You buy a car hoping that the technology is going to improve your experience, just to find out very few things work as advertised.

Lesson learned.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Thank you so much for your reply.

I confess i'm a tech-oriented guy and a lot of my expectations were left down with this issues.

I consider that SEAT is lacking greatly on their feature's communication...

You buy a car hoping that the technology is going to improve your experience, just to find out very few things work as advertised.

Lesson learned.

Hi there,
I have a seat leon mk4 1.0 tsi FR, from 05/2021.
I just asked, and payed, the Braga representative, Machado & costas, to install full link, so j could get Apple Car play.
But it only works with the usb-c cable, not wireless…
I posted i inquiry/reclamation to seat portuguese importer, siva, and today i got a phone call from the Braga representative saying that in portugal full link only works with usb cable.
I also got an email from siva, saying that in full link , to my car/chassis, is only available with usb cable…

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
What is the version of your infotainment software? Assuming 1672 that would need to be updated by dealer to at least 1896 to have wireless Car play

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
What is the version of your infotainment software? Assuming 1672

A bit higher, 1790
But it functions really well, i don't have any reboots or anything. Apart from no wireless car play.
But yesterday i got a call from the Braga SEAT representative, and they said that even version 1940 doesnt give wireless car play.

Last edited:
A bit higher, 1790
But it functions really well, i don't have any reboots or anything. Apart from no wireless car play.
But yesterday i got a call from the Braga SEAT representative, and they said that even version 1940 doesnt give wireless car play.

Wireless is hardware dependent, and Available from 17xx onwards for cars with the correct hardware

Even then, in some markets the wireless functionality has to be enabled manually

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Wireless is hardware dependent, and Available from 17xx onwards for cars with the correct hardware

Even then, in some markets the wireless functionality has to be enabled manually
Thanks!
So, even with obdeleven, it is not a sure thing that i can enable wireless functionality?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.