SEAT Leon Mk4 PHEV to 245 BHP

Jan 14, 2022
Has anyone ever looked into making the standard SEAT Leon Mk4 FR e-Hybrid to 245 bhp? Seems like a software limitation considering its VAG cousins all hit that horsepower rating (GTE, A3, Cupra Leon/Formentor), so thought it can too.

asm1

Aug 31, 2021
Yes, the same thoughts occurred to me too.

I'd assume it's all the same electric motor and when the Golf GTE came out a few years back it was rated at 204hp. I've seen a few places "remapping" or "unlocking" and quoting 245hp odd that eh ?

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the same electric motor used throughout the range.

Just like I suspect the GTD and 150ish TDI engines are just different maps (maybe others) .... might be wrong but it seems daft to have two or more different types of 2.0 diesel engine.

I'm coming from a Golf GTD to Leon ST e-hybrid..... at some point (ordered end Aug, no build or delivery info yet) so that's why I quote VW stuff. Mind you those engines are in SEAT/SKODA as well.

I noticed with the Advent of the MK 8 GTD, quoted figures are 200ps 197 BHP, again coming from 181bhp /184ps isn't enough to warrant brand new engine design from the ground up I don't think.

Short answer : look for places that offer remapping for the GOLF GTE.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Reactions: C_ED_99

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
I'm also looking into this. And here is the official confirmation from VW that it's just a "dedicated software application", no extra hardware:

Attachments

• 20230531_234714.jpg
    20230531_234714.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023
Just be aware if you do this via a remap you will have to have your ecu physically removed from your car and have the ecu mapped via bench / boot as the ecu in the mk4 leon / non gti / r mk8 golf has not yet been unlocked for obd tuning, and the ecu is riveted in place so their will be an amount of drilling / cutting required.

• Sad
Reactions: adrianator
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members