Seat Leon model year 2022 changes?

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
Would anybody happen to know what changes, if any, there are for model year 2022? Illuminated touch controls for temperature/sound perhaps? All cars ordered today are most definitely model year 2022 models. I got confirmation from my dealer that my car manufacturing date will be sometime mid July and the model year has been changed from 2021 to 2022.

Last edited:

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
I will answer to my own question. :)

I got information that model year 2022 changes are subtle (but some changes nevertheless):
  • Cars with manual gear change will have gear shifter top made from vegan leather instead of genuine leather
  • Cars with Style trim level will lose lights from the make-up mirrors
  • Rear-view mirror will be more stream lined/sharper (similar to face-lift mk3 Leons)
  • Aircon system at the back seat will have touch panel (and look a bit different) instead of physical buttons
  • Asphalt Blue (5U5U) will replace Mystery Blue (7Y7Y) colour

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonfr140

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Like you say small changes, I noticed from the brochure that mystery blue had been dropped, will be intersing to see the new blue, aren't any at the moment are there??

Edit blue is the one used for the new Ibiza and Arona face-lift, not sure about it, too light!? How it will work on the Leon!!?

Edit 2: there's 2 new blues for the ibiza and Arona, also sapphire blue, so not sure which one is shown.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
Illustration of the rear view mirror and Air condition control changes
Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 14.11.46.png

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members