Seat Leon SC Drivers Door

Jan 26, 2021
Hi everyone, thought I’d join as I’ve been looking on here for solutions to problems I’ve had with my Leon and everyone’s been a great help.

So I bought a 2014 Leon SC FR back in August 2020 after saving for so long and upgrading from my first car (Pug 207). Car was pretty good but one night in October I was about to leave the house but went to run back in as I had forgotten something so pulled the handbrake up, left it on the drive with the door open and as I turned round I see it rolling down the drive and is only stopped by the open door colliding with the wall of the house, damaging the hinges and some of the door in the process. Luckily myself and a mechanic managed to bend the door frame back into place and after fitting new hinges we managed to save the door and you wouldn’t really notice now unless pointed out. However being an obsessive it’s still not quite right as the door drops slightly when opened and the panel doesn’t quite line up with the front wing even after endless adjustments, which makes me think that the stop/catch arm is bent or out of shape as the primary and secondary stopping phases are much less emphasised than on the passenger side.

I’ve seen similar posts relating to handbrakes and having the car roll down and into something - not a very nice thing to watch.

Does anyone know if I need to remove the entire door card to fit a new one? They’re only £26 but I don’t really want to have to go to the lengths of removing the entire door card for something that no one bar myself would notice.

Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.