SEAT previews new Ibiza ST Estate

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT PREVIEW NEW IBIZA ST - compact dynamics with great usability.

With a World Premiere at the Geneva Motorshow, SEAT is pushing forward with its latest product offensive - the Ibiza ST is the third model to join the brands successful Ibiza supermini line-up.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Last edited by a moderator:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
in any other colour!! not my choice of engines either,but a segment they have been away from for too long imho.like the load space of my own ASTRA estate,but still feels lacking with 105 BHP 1.7TDI lump in it,but it's all about emissions these days.

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
is there still a market for a small estate?
MPV's seem to have taken over, only ones i recall seeing lately are Megane tourers or 206's neither of which are exactly exciting.

would something like this, bit rough i know,with engines to go with it sell enough to warrant building?...

STbocanegra.jpg

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Emissions wouldn't be a problem on the 2.0 CR TDI - they are putting it in the SC and it only emits 119g/km CO2 - so £35 a year tax, same as the 1.6 TDI

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Definately needs H00ching IMO, but the standard eco box one fills a gap in the offering to be fair.

I don't know who would buy one with a bigger engine (most folk who want more power will get an Exeo) unless they went the whole hog and really made it special - like a mini RS6 Avant

Cupra ST-R?

chokko

hardly an amzing colour to launch a new car in ! very dull when you look at some of the colours in the seat range

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Definately needs H00ching IMO, but the standard eco box one fills a gap in the offering to be fair.

I don't know who would buy one with a bigger engine (most folk who want more power will get an Exeo) unless they went the whole hog and really made it special - like a mini RS6 Avant

Cupra ST-R?

Not sure what you mean? The 2.0TDI is win-win in this car. The EXEO is a bigger and heavier car and alot more expensive.

hardly an amazing colour to launch a new car in ! very dull when you look at some of the colours in the seat range

I like the colour but I guess I would. :happy: I agree though, the colour they used on the concept was alot more striking. [B)]

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Not sure what you mean? The 2.0TDI is win-win in this car. The EXEO is a bigger and heavier car and alot more expensive.

True, it would be a great car. What I'm saying is that not many people who want a small estate are interested in 143 bhp and the people who are probably dont want an estate. The Exeo is for the guys who have a family (company car) and need something practically large and want a bit of power.
I know you would buy one, so would I, but I'm not sure if the majority of small estate buyers would go for it. That is what I meant. It wouldn't make good business sense.

There is, however an exception. If they put a TFSI and haldex in it, there would be nothing else like it on the market. It would make a big impact on petrolheads and would reinforce SEAT sporting credibility, which has taken a beating recently. I would want one badly, it's already a pretty car.

Last edited:

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Yeah I guess I'm in the minority, I like estate cars anyway but I don't need anything bigger than what I have now. So the estate version of my current car would be perfect for me. I really like the looks of it but going to a 1.6 TDI from my PD130 feels like a step backwards. I hope they add the 2.0 to the range sooner or later. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise