SEAT to launch the Mk1 Leon Suspensorio - obvious April Fool is obvious

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT announce re-release of Mk1 Leon for 2014 Product Offensive SEAT Sport Suspensorio sub-brand Modern Engines as standard Improved reliability

More...

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Glad it got a few people... I dreamt it up over breakfast this morning (hence it's a bit short compared to most)

Fished a fair few on facebook too

My favourite line was

“We soon realised that the advised customer did not want up to date levels of comfort, handling or build quality" yet nobody bit!

Last edited:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
m0rk, it had me for about 5 minutes, during which time I was excited about replacing my LCR for a new one. Even lol'd at the "Wales" bit without realising 'til after!

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I must admit for 5 minuites it had me too, until i read the full story.:D Its really funny, i was even nodding to myself thinking they've finally come to thier senses and i was seeing my lcr's value trippling over night.ha ha
The killer blow was the reference to Wales LMFAO and i could imagine mark and the management p**sing themselves as they dreamt it up and wrote the commentry.
:clap:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It wasn't our 'best' April Fools

This was in 2008 http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166121

We 'revealed' the Mk5 Ibiza, which was actually a Chevrolet Aveo with SEAT badges (pictures have since been lost)

Chevrolet-Aveo_2008_photo_07.jpg

The text was quite well crafted a few weeks in advance

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.