SeatCupra.net INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
Of course, that's your prerogative but i have the figures in front of me.

We only started on here in the middle of last year and already SeatCupra.net are our 35th best performing forum out of more than 250!

That shows people are phoning us and we are doing business. I only wish all those who have taken out a policy with us would post on here!

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
I don't wish to sound negative but from the information you have given I rang up for a quote and you can't offer me anything near competitive.

I'm 22 and have a mk2 leon cupra. 5 years driving and 4 years no claims. 95% of the insurers I have rung were able to provide a reasonable quote.

It doesn't say anywhere in your information that you are a broker for 'highway' insurance

According to your guy I Would find it really hard to insure my car due to my age. I pay £850 fully comp. and most companies are also offering a similar price. Not exactly hard really!

False advertising comes to mind!

Chuggy

Sep 6, 2009
Driffield
I agree totally with you Shane there, I've had loads of quotes for other company's aswell, but I just can't believe you have to be 30 to get insurance with these.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
himself is 38,driving forever, ncb etc and has been told that the cupra is too higher risk car and no way would the company match his flux quote...... :shrug: its now an 8yrold car so...

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
I agree totally with you Shane there, I've had loads of quotes for other company's aswell, but I just can't believe you have to be 30 to get insurance with these.

Considering my details and the fact I drive a 3.5 tonne van around 150-200miles everyday think it's fair to say I'm a bit less of a risk than some my age!

Hey ho plenty more out there!

Chuggy

Sep 6, 2009
Driffield
Considering my details and the fact I drive a 3.5 tonne van around 150-200miles everyday think it's fair to say I'm a bit less of a risk than some my age!

Hey ho plenty more out there!

I'm the same with my work I have class 1 wagon licence, but this doesn't count I know that..

Would really like to hear who is insured with Chris knott on seat cupra net??

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
After a strange few months of changing criteria and shifting patterns in the insurance market, January for us, in terms of business, surpassed January 2010 (before all these changes took place) showing that the current scheme seems to be working rather well!

I like to think it’s because I’ve put my photo as my avatar but the rest of the team think that has had a detrimental effect. They may have a point!

So, please feel free to ring us if your car (or home) insurance is due in the next few weeks!

andreww

Mar 31, 2008
Cornwall and Cheltenham
You only insure cars with up to 20bhp more than standard..I can see why I got an email from another forum saying you are no longer a sponsor! I was going to call you guys for a quote, you've saved me some time now.

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
Hi
My apologies for being away from the forums for so long. We have had a few internal changes.

March is a very busy month for insurance renewals so please feel free to ring us if your car insurance is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

In 2010, we recorded an average saving of 10.5% off our new customers quotes elsewhere and we have just had an extremely good first 2 months of the year – surpassing our target by quite a vast amount!

In fact, we were already two thirds to our February target a quarter of the way through the month!

It is great to see people ringing us up but we would like every possible person who fits the criteria to at least ring us on the freephone number and hopefully see the benefits that so many other people are seeing.

Please phone on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles and don’t forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature below.

Also, please can you give me your feedback regarding the quote on here as we see so little feedback compared to the number of people who ring us for a quote!
The figures show a good number of people ringing but only a handful ever post!

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Hi
My apologies for being away from the forums for so long. We have had a few internal changes.

March is a very busy month for insurance renewals so please feel free to ring us if your car insurance is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

In 2010, we recorded an average saving of 10.5% off our new customers quotes elsewhere and we have just had an extremely good first 2 months of the year – surpassing our target by quite a vast amount!

In fact, we were already two thirds to our February target a quarter of the way through the month!

It is great to see people ringing us up but we would like every possible person who fits the criteria to at least ring us on the freephone number and hopefully see the benefits that so many other people are seeing.

Please phone on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles and don’t forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature below.

Also, please can you give me your feedback regarding the quote on here as we see so little feedback compared to the number of people who ring us for a quote!
The figures show a good number of people ringing but only a handful ever post!

Feedback is as above ^^^^ .... Rubbish!

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
Hi
Sorry to hear you feel like this though i would say SeatCupra.net are our 25th best performing forum out of 250+!

The nature of discussion forums are that you are much more likely to get negative comments (eg. where we couldn't help people) than positive ones. However we are more than happy at the amount of people insuring with us from on here.

kikaz

To be fair to chris knott they have been my insurance broker for 8 years and year after year they provide the cheapest and best cover.

we have just renewed our leon insurance and they beat everyone elses quote by £40.

my other car is up on the 20th march i just got my renewal through for that £30 a year cheaper then everyone else.

they gave me a quote for a leon cupra r £520 a year fully comp

i live in newcastle so not exactly a sleepy hamlet.Give them a try it will be 10minutes of your life that might actually save you some dosh

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
I'm with Chris Knott for both our cars, looking to change one of them but as we have not had the car for 12months the premium is higher ... Hmm cant really get out of that one! £1k+, they gave me another insurer of £515 but they wont support mods - not that there are any for now. In fact probably wont be for 12 months anyway. Just suprised highway changed their view on this new car business - cant really help not owning the car for 12months.

just sounding my views, been happy so far.

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Sponsor
Sep 8, 2008
Hastings, East Sussex
Hi

Whilst the insurance market seems to have hardened over the last 12 months or so, we have always worked hard on our customer service and it’s nice to see comments on the forums of people being satisfied with our efforts. We endeavour to assist customers to our utmost and trust this is a major reason why people renew with us year after year.

Bearing this in mind, please feel free to contact us for a quotation on your car (and home!) insurance when they are due. We would be more than happy to quote for you.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not aiming this at Chris Knott, as their hands are tied by the policies that they can sell as brokers. But the insurance industry really needs a shake-up in the way they target their policies and whom they punish.

I've not had my renewal yet this year, but its due soon. Looks like this year my insurance will rise way above what I paid for insurance on my first ever car back in 1991. For no fault of my own, I wouldn't be surprised if it doubles, and for the actual few miles that I do each year its probably going to spell the end of the line for my Cupra ownership as the cost to insure is getting preposterous.

Appears that of late SK 1-14 postcodes have seemingly been black-listed by most providers and they either refuse to quote or they quote clearly ridiculous premiums.

I think the black listing stems to a rise in criminal cases where there had been a high number of frauds, or these crash claim scams in some areas around Stockport. I believe that the scam was investigated and people were prosecuted and jailed for the offences.

I can understand that the insurance industry are nervous when they have to pay out large sums on fraudulent claims, but if thats the reason it highlights a fundamental failure of their policies, their incident checks and the police and legal system to deal with the underlying issue.

So rather than dealing with the issue, they simple punish anyone in the catchment area with outrageous premiums or refuse to even quote. Bearing in mind Stockport and its surrounding catchment is a massive area with a huge population taking in areas close to Gtr Manchester and others closer to Cheshire and Derbyshire they have all been tarred with the same brush.

In effect my view of the industry is unchanged that I believe it to be legalised robbery.

It must be frustrating for brokers who know they have a safe customer, but can't make a competitive offer due to the constraints put on them by the underwriters.

It will come to a head in the longterm, and only forces more people to go without insurance, ultimately pushing up premiums.

People who have good insurance records shouldn't be punished, due to the actions of a minority.

Rather than looking at just postcode data, insurers should look at individual records, and they might find they actually profit more.

Last edited:

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
The funny thing, if I caused damage to my car I would consider repairing and paying myself in the fear of getting stung on my premiums for the next 5 years. upto a certain limit of course.

year before last the wife got stung for a £69 increase in premium because someone ran into her car causing some minor damage. Liabilty was admitted and claim processed and all monies reclaimed - nice and simple. Then I get told as she has been in an accident 'statistics' show she is now more likely to be in another accident in the next 12months... not sure how this makes sense.

Not a dig at Chris Knott by any means, just insurance in general. We are forced to have it so sometimes I feel they make up any excuse to get that little bit more.

Hullcupra225

Aug 21, 2010
Hull/Howden East Yorks
Just phoned for a quote!!!! Came back at over £2000!!!!!!!!! Not exactly a competative price for a 25yr old with clean license 7yrs no claims! thought it could be my postcode but all the info ive seen so far seems to show im in a very low rated crime zone so it carnt be that?? why so high???

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Just phoned for a quote!!!! Came back at over £2000!!!!!!!!! Not exactly a competative price for a 25yr old with clean license 7yrs no claims! thought it could be my postcode but all the info ive seen so far seems to show im in a very low rated crime zone so it carnt be that?? why so high???

My insurance is up in 5 days, so don't think I'll bother calling these guys as I'm 25, clean license and 6 years no claims.

Off to Adrian Flux I go :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.