Secondary Air Pump removal help

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I could do with some guidance with removing the SAI. Mine sounds horrible and makes the car shake, and comes on randomly while driving/pulling up.

Yes yes, I know its been said a thousand times, but every guide i find is for the SAI, N249 and N12 all in one, and it cant tell what does and doesnt need to be done (or all the bloody pictures are missing) Im not fitting resistors as im going to eventually get it mapped out.

I've been making my own piece-meal guide and i was hoping some of you chaps could fill in what im missing, steps:

-Get on ramps
-Remove belly pan
-Undo bolts around pump + bracket
-Remove pump
-Undo coolant pipe
-Remove combi valve and SAI pipe work
-Fit blanking plate
-????

I feel like im missing a couple of important steps!

Cheers
C

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Been stuck for a couple of hours on removing the combi valve. It’s stuck onto some bracket and I cannot for the life of me get it off!

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Been stuck for a couple of hours on removing the combi valve. It’s stuck onto some bracket and I cannot for the life of me get it off!
Removed that finally.

Does anyone know what to do with the sensor that’s left?

Attachments

• 2337BE41-C2C8-4E52-AAD8-D2E4FDEE4B02.jpeg
    2337BE41-C2C8-4E52-AAD8-D2E4FDEE4B02.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 150

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I'd tape it up to stop water getting in, then just cable tie it out of the way
Yep thats what i did. Couldnt drive it away from my mates anyway, coolant seal seems ****** and couldnt get it to seat in the recess or even close.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Anyone got a part number for the gasket/seal that comes out of the coolant elbow on the engine?

I took mine off to day to remove SAI and combi valve, but the seal wouldnt go back in. Tried for 2 hours! I think its nackered and expanded.

I think this might be the part, the ID is 32mm, and 4mm thick so the OD must me around 36mm. I measured my seal and it was sitting at 39mm OD and it wouldnt fit back into the recess.

Seal part

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Here you go mate, think it's the 2nd number (2) on this one. http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_sin...bcategory/121075/part_id/1397398/lang/e#sec_5

This part number i think 037121687
Yes you legend! I have looked at like 1000 links since posting trying to find that part number.

Im tempted to buy the whole coolant flange and take the seal from it, as i'll probably have to order the seal on its own and i need to get to work monday lol.

Coolant Flange with seal. Not as cheap as waiting to get a seal but not a terrible price.

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Yes you legend! I have looked at like 1000 links since posting trying to find that part number.

Im tempted to buy the whole coolant flange and take the seal from it, as i'll probably have to order the seal on its own and i need to get to work monday lol.
Lol, been there myself a few times,it can be a nightmare trying to find a specific part number. Keep this link for future reference as it has every part number on the car listed. www.oemepc.com/seat/
Yeah if you can find somewhere that has the flange in stock then that's probably the best option, as it's probably only a main dealer that would be able to order the seal seperately.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Lol, been there myself a few times,it can be a nightmare trying to find a specific part number. Keep this link for future reference as it has every part number on the car listed. www.oemepc.com/seat/
Yeah if you can find somewhere that has the flange in stock then that's probably the best option, as it's probably only a main dealer that would be able to order the seal seperately.

Man i appreciate this, I am one for doing my own research but its so hard to find good sources of info. That ones in the bookmarks for sure.

Hopefully tomorrow i can sort it and fill the coolant up a third time lol.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
No worries, will keep my fingers crossed they have one in stock for you. If you do end up needing to go to a main dealer then worth noting that the 1.8T was also fitted to Audi,VW and Skodas as well. My local Audi dealer often seems to keep things in stock that the SEAT dealer has to order in.

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Well today i finished the job. Ended up buying a mk4 golf water flange, and a random Febi o ring from euro car part. With the aim of switching the o rings over from the new flange to the old one.

well the old flange was different internally to the golf one, plus the golf one doesn’t have an elbow in it so I feared the worst.

None of the o rings worked but we fit the golf coolant flange as now the combi valve is removed the elbow in the pipe wasn’t needed. What luck! Thanks to those that helped. Here’s some pics after I cleaned the centimetre of grime and gunk our from around the gear linkage.

5C35E1ED-750B-42AE-B257-3EE973676461.jpeg
A2ED4C95-9852-498B-A453-05D8DBFED949.jpeg
DFA062B4-8C52-45F0-B6B1-4AE526EFCBAE.jpeg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.