Security Pedal Locks for Formentor

Jan 3, 2024
Hello motor heads, I need an advice. I want to purchase additional security for my Formentor when travelling and parking in not nice places. A pedal lock. Something like you can see below.

Problem is that I can't find a single manufacturer that makes them for Cupra Formantor.

I have a 2021 228kW model with automatic transmission. Does any of you know if I can use a pedal lock for Skoda Octavia 2021 automatic transmission model?
The pedal spacing seems quite similar (pic below unrelated to size). Does any of you happen to know if the pedal spacing and height are the same between Formentor and Octavia?

Or alternatively, does any of you know a manufacturer of these (or similar) for Cupra Formentor?

20230904_171741-2-scaled.jpg

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Pedal locks never got rated that much in security tests, the best mechanical lock you can buy is the Disklok, bit fiddly to use but near impossible to break off, I have a small size which fits my CUPRA Leon perfect. Had it on all my previous Cupra's after getting it years back, costs about £130 to £150 now, check out the reviews online.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Pedal locks never got rated that much in security tests, the best mechanical lock you can buy is the Disklok, bit fiddly to use but near impossible to break off, I have a small size which fits my CUPRA Leon perfect. Had it on all my previous Cupra's after getting it years back, costs about £130 to £150 now, check out the reviews online.
In addition to the Disklok, both the Stoplock Pro Elite steering wheel locking bar and Milenco High Steering Wheel Lock get positive mentions on other forums so may be worth considering. They also performed well in the 2021/2022 Auto Express group test of steering wheel security devices.

@nikopol255 - IMHO the practical advantage of a steering wheel security device over a pedal lock like the one in your picture is ease of fitting; a steering wheel security device could be fitted while you’re still seated in the driver’s seat. Fitting a pedal locking device probably requires the driver to exit the car, squat down and reach into the driver’s footwell; if the car is dirty and / or wet, there’s a risk of getting your clothing dirty and / or wet.

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
In addition to the Disklok, both the Stoplock Pro Elite steering wheel locking bar and Milenco High Steering Wheel Lock get positive mentions on other forums so may be worth considering. They also performed well in the 2021/2022 Auto Express group test of steering wheel security devices.

@nikopol255 - IMHO the practical advantage of a steering wheel security device over a pedal lock like the one in your picture is ease of fitting; a steering wheel security device could be fitted while you’re still seated in the driver’s seat. Fitting a pedal locking device probably requires the driver to exit the car, squat down and reach into the driver’s footwell; if the car is dirty and / or wet, there’s a risk of getting your clothing dirty and / or wet.
Also you can see a steering wheel lock before you smash your way in, the peddle lock would probably not get noticed after damage already done. Most cars with a steering lock they are just going to look elsewhere.

This is what we need ...

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
I agree with that sentiment. Really need to approach it in a way there is visible, viable deterrent. So there is a high barrier to the violence starting in the first place. Second aspect is where you park it, and how you create a deterrent for asshat arriving with a low loader, or an aframe with a trolley.

Second aspect is to delay, I guess that's where the pedal lock, steering lock, hidden fuel pump switch and other such stuff comes handy. Assume also that if someone comes through the visible deterrent, they are keen and know what they are doing - so your second line needs to be competent!

Third aspect needs to be something that is unique to you. Assume stuff is being broken into, dash being pulled up, bonet open, jumpstart battery wired to starter and tools up. Your creativity to build something unique here is going to help.

Last line is your 'they took it'. So keep paying for insurance :) and hope they don't trash it nor find the trackers.

Forget about any software based protection

(Why yes, I used to live in London and now visit it multiple times a week, I wonder why you ask?)

Reactions: Cupra306Form
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.