Sellin 180 FR 4 Golf tdi 130 ?

swellcupra

Hi ive been offered a golf 03 plate GT TDI with 28k for 4 grand i currently have a leon fr 180 on a 05 plate with 30k does any fink the golf will be better value in the future any help thanks

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
i wouldnt theres not much in it but i wouldnt want to go back to a diesel

so if petrol rose to £4.50/L and diesel was £1/L you wouldnt consider a switch to diesel?

maybe thats what the original poster was thinking about.

i.e my Cupra TDI gets 550 miles to a tank and costs 100 quid a year to tax - thats 2 very good reasons to switch :)

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
i wouldn't. if you're getting a vag pd, get the 150
plus the golf is a good 3 years older than your leon

condition > mileage.
such low mileage on a 6 year old car means a lot of stop-start town driving and/or lots of short journeys. rather you than me.

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
id go for golf, i had a tootle in me grandmas 130pd earlier and they did 430miles out of a tank(to shops and back lasts them about a month) and my leon gets 330tops on a run!
Im defo going diesel when i can afford to get a new car.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Mattm i have an LCR and often drive a cupra tdi and if you want to save money yeah its great but economy means nothing to some people including me with my cars for leisure time only and i would rather have the instant electric full rev band power and pay a bit more to run it. At the same time what if its a lemon, i presume your current car is in good working order and what if the golf has unseen issues or might need some maintenance, tax, etc and then your instantly out of pocket. Plus if youve got a facelift they dont half look better than a bogo golf.

Last edited:
4 grand seems very very cheap for the golf, especially with the low miles
its it defo a kosher deal?????

my Golf GTI TDI is up for sale for a ridiculous price just now......
i don't think its worth what its up for but i've priced it for what they're going for on the market

i'm getting rid cos i WANT a LCR.......
the diesel is good...... quick and very economical, even with the remap

but i crave power, and willing to sacrafice economy for power :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.