SEM inlet manifold TB adapter

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
So this turned up today, needs a refurb before I fit it but seeing how rare it is I’m happy.
Just need to work out the best way to clean it up.
2fbf0c0a9716ee9b05d05e37c834898a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thai-wronghorse

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Jammy git, I was on the hunt again last night as it happens.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Didn’t fancy the grey small port I posted up? In all probability I would have been better off buying that rather than stepping this large port down and refurb costs - can’t be that bad...

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Fvck that, there's no way I'm paying a grand for one.
Fortunately I'm a patient man and I'll wait for something to come up at a decent price, as I do with all my car parts.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Fvck that, there's no way I'm paying a grand for one.
Fortunately I'm a patient man and I'll wait for something to come up at a decent price, as I do with all my car parts.

Don’t blame you as I’m sure someone will want to sell a whole car at some point with one on or they give up with the project that’s sat there for 20 years!

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Exactly, I've bought several cars over the years simply because I wanted a particular part off it so I'm sure it'll happen again at some point.

Reactions: Scotty_b

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Thanks for all your help, Tom at SEM came through and is shipping a genuine adapter out as we speak. Postage was almost as expensive as the part but it worked out cheaper than any second hand units already in the UK (including VAT).

Reactions: Thai-wronghorse

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
It is brand new and unused.

It was cheaper than any used ones I'd enquired about in the UK but still bloody expensive!

It's large port which means I'll have to run a transitioning phenolic spacer, annoyingly I sold the one I had not long ago.

Reactions: Scotty_b

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
It is brand new and unused.

It was cheaper than any used ones I'd enquired about in the UK but still bloody expensive!

It's large port which means I'll have to run a transitioning phenolic spacer, annoyingly I sold the one I had not long ago.

That was a good find then, part of me wants to know how much but the again...

I’ve seen a few spacers so shouldn’t be a major issue to source?

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Na spacers are easily acquired but I'll want this manifold powdercoated as well so more expenses on top.
My main concern is if I'm going to be able to keep my engine cover as the oe manifold has mounts for the screw tabs so may have to fabricate new mounts that attach to the injector rail fixing points.

It's still on route from the US so can't make any decisions on what to do with it at the moment.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Good find from the states, there much cheaper over there.

I hadn’t realised the engine cover couldn’t be used, it’s something I’ve tried to keep as I prefer the look so will be looking to do similar. I know the pipework and EGT will need modifying to suit, guess that’s more things to think about.

Mine also needs a freshen up but unsure if I stick with black or go more silver/anthracite. I’m still looking for a decent powder coater that understands not to coat the interfaces! I love the yellow IC pipes but having a black TIP gets my OCD going so likely will go black forge IC pipes all round and change the chrome accents to satin or anthracite - the main charge pipe colour will be the decider.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Mine also needs a freshen up but unsure if I stick with black or go more silver/anthracite. I’m still looking for a decent powder coater that understands not to coat the interfaces!

Best thing to do would be putting metal plates over the mating surfaces using nuts n bolts.
Thatd also stop the coating getting inside the manifold aswell.
God knows how youd go about keeping the injector holes clear.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.