Service Countdown

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
Im currently on about 8300 miles in my new TDI FR which i picked up in September and when I get in the car it says that im 1100 miles from my next service. Shouldnt this be reading 1700 miles as that takes me to 10,000 miles??

H8T WP

does it not take in to consideration your driving style? i know my old pug did.

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
Or a conversion from KM into Miles? I believe it was 15000 KM for first service.

Could be wrong, but mine came on at a similar number iirc.

15000 km = ~9320 miles

neilandbob

Dec 17, 2006
uffculme devon
Im currently on about 8300 miles in my new TDI FR which i picked up in September and when I get in the car it says that im 1100 miles from my next service. Shouldnt this be reading 1700 miles as that takes me to 10,000 miles??

mines the same showing 8900 on the clock , service spanner showing 400 to service , think the spanish cant add up !!:)

FRLeon

Full Memeber
May 12, 2007
Northants
i would ingore if i was you mate my leon said this last week 100miles or 484days until service now its shows service now so i rang seat up and they said bring it in when it gets near to the 10,000 mark

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
Thats what I was intending to do. Does anyone know if/what the leway is for the service. On my last car you had to have a service within 500 miles of the service interval.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
About plus 10% is normal I think. Certainly on my Celica I was 700 miles over the recommended interval and the garage weren't bothered.

To be honest I've known manufacturers to make up the rules as they go along. Had a Focus and by time the 3rd service came round they had upped the service intervals. Tried to book it in for something like the 30K service but they refused to book it in saying that the next service was now 36K, as I'd last had it serviced at 20K this meant 16K between services.

LooTed

How interesting! Have a similar problem with my 05 Toledo. SEAT UK Customer services state that this is correct (I have it in black and white) however careful checking reveals that the mileage difference is actually 748miles. Now if this is simply due to conversion from kM to miles then every SEAT driver on the road would experience similar discrepancies. Anyway, the conversion from kM to miles MUST take place very early on in the engine management system. After all, does not the trip-meter increment in 0.1 mile blocks? Why not email SEAT UK and ask the question why? What about conversion to mph?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.