service schedule

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Anyone got a downloadable service schedule for a 2019 Leon Cupra 290?
Ive been told this info is all kept at the dealers now on their computer system!
Previous owner assured me the car had been serviced as required but Id like some info as to what the factory schedule is?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
In addition to the items listed in the linked discussion topic in @H Rafiq ’s post;
  • Brake fluid changes are every two years. The first brake fluid change used to be at three years but I think that at have now been changed to being done when the car’s two years old (VW’s first brake fluid change is now at two years old).
  • For cars with DSG transmission, the DSG service is due at 40k miles if it’s the 6 speed DQ250 unit or 80k miles for the newer 7 speed DQ381. Both are only mileage dependent rather than the sooner of x years or y miles, although I’m aware some owners still use the old previous 4 year service interval. https://tps.trade/insider/dsg-servicing
You should be able to get a print out of your car’s service history from the dealership’s system if you ask them for it. I don’t know how detailed it will be though.

Reactions: missmouse

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My daughter has a May 2019 Cupra and I replaced the spark plugs last year, based on age only, buying the correct NGK plugs was not easy when dealing with online NGK sellers as they tended to think that the plugs for the slighter earlier engines were okay for this engine, so watch out for that. The air filter I'll replace this year, again based purely on the car's age - and it has low mileage, probably still under 20,000 miles.
It will probably have a silicate pouch or similar inside the coolant reservoir, if it still has G13 coolant in it, it will benefit from having that pouch still in there, but I'd suggest removing the pouch or replace the reservoir for a later one that does not have any silicate pouch etc in it, then change the coolant to G12evo within a year. The reasons being, many owners found that the silicate pouches slit open and the granules circulated in the coolant system and got trapped when they reached the point with the smallest diameter piping - which is the heater matrix, and that costs a bit to sort out. Later version of coolant which is G12evo does not need these pouches to maintain corrosion protection.

Reactions: missmouse
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.