Servicing Interval FR Hybrid

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Hi all,
I picked up a 70 plate(Oct 2020) FR Hybrid yesterday and noticed when I connected to the Seat app it has an oil change service in 42 days but the next inspection is in 407 days.

I contacted the dealer and they said its on a long life service every 2 years and I can reset the oil change service when it pops up.

What's everyone else's understanding of this? Has anyone experienced the same or had an oil service done after a year before the main service? Should I reset it as the dealer says or would that risk the car? Its only done 2000 miles

Thanks in advance

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
The car usually changes intervals depending on the driving style, so lots of start stop journeys will bring an oil change on sooner. I would ask the dealer to reset it then any issues lay with them. Not uncommon for a 12 month old car needing an oil change.

Reactions: Torque69 and BenH

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I've had this with several long life service cars, where the supplying dealer had incorrectly set to time & distance in the hope of screwing the owner into buying unnecessary services. I just get the local dealer to reset it, so the first inspection and oil change line up at two years old - also getting them to correct the service internal to long life at the first service.

It makes no difference to the warranty, as that will only depend on you complying with the long life intervals.

Reactions: BenH

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I've had this with several long life service cars, where the supplying dealer had incorrectly set to time & distance in the hope of screwing the owner into buying unnecessary services. I just get the local dealer to reset it, so the first inspection and oil change line up at two years old - also getting them to correct the service internal to long life at the first service.

It makes no difference to the warranty, as that will only depend on you complying with the long life intervals.
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated

nb67

Jun 6, 2021
In a quick reply to this as our 21 plate, less than 2k miles, Leon Hybrid has just had the 'oil service' message pop up.

Spoke to the dealer and to save me a trip into them they've told me how to reset so hopefully this will help other out in the same situation.
The boss is out in the car at the mo so not actually tried this as yet but will do later today but the instructions from the service dep't were -

1) Access the dash screen that as the 'range' miles to empty data.
2) Hold the scroll wheel in for approx 20secs
3) This will change screen to a menu where you can scroll to oil service reset

Hope that helps folks.

Reactions: BenH

Chemical Matt

Dec 16, 2020
I've had my hybrid for 6 months now and have covered 10,000 miles.
The oil service warning came on so I spoke to the dealer about getting it set to the long life service interval and they told me the max they can set it to is 10K miles on the hybrid. Other models they can take up as far as 20K miles.
The cost doesn't bother me as it is a company car but as I can cover 30K per year (post covid) it just means extra trips to the garage.
Wonder what it is about the hybrid that means it needs a more frequent oil change?

gicu_mar

May 31, 2021
As far as I know, Leon e-hybrid or Golf/Passat GTE have a fixed service interval of 15.000 km / 9.000 miles or 365 days, whichever comes first.

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
I was told the Cupra ehybrid is fixed at yearly or 9k miles when I bought mine in August and the service cost is higher than a petrol car. I got the 2 free services with it when I bought it but I'm part exing it for something else so won't need the free services.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.