servicing

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but having read through all the literature I am confused.
My car is coming up for three years old with just over 18k on the clock and my question is this, do I get a major or minor service this time as I want to book it online but gives both for cars from 3 to 15 years old:confused: Thanks in advance and sorry if it it has been raised before.

Last edited:

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Cheers Marty34 , yes serviced twice by main dealer, so minor plus mot plus brake fluid change required this year £260 ish providing they don't find anything wrong.:whistle:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Cheers Marty34 , yes serviced twice by main dealer, so minor plus mot plus brake fluid change required this year £260 ish providing they don't find anything wrong.:whistle:

Yep minor service is correct, I am in the same position myself MOT and 3rd service due in July, hope we both pass. I have never had an MOT failure with any of my SEATs since 1996, and had a few of them over 5 years too.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Thanks Seastormer, that's good to know. Put a couple of new Conti's on the front as they were down to about 2 1/2 mm so thought it better to change now rather than beginning of March when service and MOT are due. That's what came with the car and they have been fine imo, just over £67 each from Blackcircles.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.