336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Fitted my caliper clips:

Old vs New
5686264e.jpg

87ffb2cd.jpg

2b8ecfd8.jpg

I might take the 'R' sticker off and put the 'K1' logo on there. Another day though

Poverty

You need to spray em red and get a k1 logo on there!

Something for the summer!

Also I think a oversized cone on your neuspeed would work well along with the two cold air feeds we talked about! And I also think you should let me remove your AC core!

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
You need to spray em red and get a k1 logo on there!

Something for the summer!

Also I think a oversized cone on your neuspeed would work well along with the two cold air feeds we talked about! And I also think you should let me remove your AC core!

Yh think a K1 logo would be good

Dunno bout the cone? Would it help or make things worse?

Air feeds are a defo. We'll sort that next time I see you to do logs

AC core? Nah man I like my air con in the summer lol

Also, liking the picture in ur sig. That's a mighty fine stealthy looking beast. The TT-RS Looks nice too ;)

Last edited:

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Car has been booked into stealers for Monday

My jacking cover on passenger side skirt came off over the weekend. So i'm getting a new one, they also sorting the rattle for me. Also hopefully i'll be getting the coilpack replacement recall that i'm hearing so much about.

Means i now have to put the standard airbox on :( pain in the ass

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
A small update. Car has been in and out of Barretts Seat in Canterbury. I will say now that i will never use them again!

I wont go into too much details, but for a service centre that run theyre own racing team, yet cant fix the road going version is something of an astonishment.

Few points to make:

The passenger sideskirt jack point cover was replaced
The next day, the drivers side fell off
The whistling noise, was due to a faulty internal fuel pump. So i was right all along, in that it was not the fuel filter (which they tried charging me for!)
Coming home on saturday night, i heard a loud clunk, and the car is displaying all the common symptoms of the dog mount sheared off or just snapped. I havent had a chance to get under the car properly yet and see. But nevertheless, its off the road and awaiting repair

1 major point i would like to add, is that i have previously slated SeatUK for lack of customer focused service. Well from now i take it all back and render my previous experience due to the idiot i was dealing with. The lady who is dealing with my car now has literally bent over backwards to make sure my car is looked after, and that there are no silly arguments over what is and isnt warranty.

The saga continues.....! i will hopefully get a picture of the underside, along with a better idea of what is wrong

All i will say is, for those that havent already, please please check the mount and the bolts as this appears to be a common problem, albeit seat havent officially release a TSB about it

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Well it's looking a bit more positive. Car is booked in and parts ordered. The damage doesn't seem too bad

Pics:

327933e5.jpg

7ace6315.jpg

a10a6e9f.jpg

c55997c4.jpg

It seems that the rattle that I've been sending it in for since October, and that seat though I was making up!

It was the 1st bolt coming loose. Then eventually falling out. This then put added strain on the remaining bolt which sheered off. Leaving half the thread still inside the hole

Last edited:

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Car is fixed and awaiting my collection!! Will update on saturday, as well as ordering the THS torque mount! dont particuarly want this happening again!

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Ok, so today I finally took the plunge and went to AmD for Revo Stage 1

Well all I can say is: oh my f**king god! The car is an absolute animal. Twinned with the induction kit and the K1 centre exit exhaust, it sounds amazing!

Also, for a while now I've always had people commenting that my car is faster than expected etc etc well after today, I can finally see why! Dyno lottery or not, I don't care, the results prove that everyone was right, and goes a long way to explaining how I was only a small gap behind Brad when he was stage 1.

The car made 284bhp with standard map and neuspeed intake!! After Revo it made........... 336.3bhp!!! :D
Which is a healthy increase. I'll post the graph up later, but it's a very smooth curve so I'm happy :)

Graph:
57b965b8.jpg

Last edited:

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Thanks Jason!! I was completely shocked when he told me what it made as standard. And yes the dyno lottery will be called upon to crush my hopes lol but on the day all the cars that went in, were pretty much bang on the mark for figures. So I'm not that far off

The car pulls like a damn train!! I can't change gear quick enough before it's heading for the redline again lol

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Tbh mate you can calculate actual gains aas you have a before and after run so that is what what matter most. So based on the before and after runs you have a good 48BHP increase on the power for stage one.

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Shane, where did you get the 'R' pad clips from mate?

I got em from Poverty on here mate. When he bought them, they weren't such a popular mod so they were quite cheap. But from what I've heard recently, VW have pumped the price up to around £20 each! There was a guy selling 2 for £23 I think. Over on mk5golfgti.com

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Tbh mate you can calculate actual gains aas you have a before and after run so that is what what matter most. So based on the before and after runs you have a good 48BHP increase on the power for stage one.

Exactly. And I can feel every single one lol considering I was once told that to squeeze 5-7 extra horses on a car would cost around £100 (ie things like an induction kit) then for the price of a remap to get 48+hp I'm really pleased. It's still adapting so I'm sure there might be an extra one or two left to squeeze out. But I'm amazed at how smooth the power comes in, how responsive it now is too.

A happy chap all round :) next to come is a downpipe, but I'm gonna enjoy the cat how it is for a little while 1st

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members