shep0706's 1.2 MK4 Ibiza

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
Bought a 1.2 Ibiza with 62000k on the clock around august time thought id make a readers ride for her :D I bought her with some work needing doing to her, shes nearly there just need some more funds to finish her off !

Pic on the day I got her

289483_10150347940361189_647551188_10052139_5300539_o2.jpg

Things done to her:

Mods so far:

Audio jack for alana HU
Polo Rear wiper
Painted Callipers Red
Citroën c2 stubby Ariel
Removed the mud flaps
Pre-facelift FR Alloys in Black
Cupra Vent switches
Puddle light's installed in Wing mirror's
Cupra Wing mirrors
Drums Painted black
Red footwell lights (removed them as they are annoying as ****)
Osram Night breaker headlight bulbs
Seat fog light retro fit kit
Bosch 501 side lights

Mechanical Work:

Replaced drop links
Replaced top mount and bearings
Replaced ball joints
Replaced anti roll bar bushes
And yet its still knocking :(
Steering wheel slip ring (wasn't one there when i bought her :confused:)
Replaced starter motor
Cleaned the throttle body up

Work needing to be done:

Fix the knocking (anti roll bar has no collars on)
New hub bearing ( hopefully doing it tomorrow if the weather is descent enough)
Oil and filter change within next 1000k
Sort the bumper scuffs out

Mods in the future:

Well im hoping to get a 1.8t FR or Cupra next summer/autumn time so im holding out for the time being.
Most the Mods Il be doing will be mainly little aesthetics ones such as vinyl wrapping, gonna hold out on the mechanical Mods. Il most likely get the alloys powder coated over the winter while I'm riding on steelies.

Last edited:

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
Picture's of the puddle lights.

100_1340.jpg

Fairly easy mod imh and really looks good and works well at night. I used paint protection film over the led strip lights as they weren't water proof. The lights come on with the interior light.

IMAG0269.jpg

Interior footwell lights.

In the process

IMAG0279.jpg

Here's one we made earlier

IMAG0281.jpg

Hooked them up to the dimmer switch and had it on the dimest setting and was still to bright and i could see my feet reflecting in the side window at night and was pretty annoying so i ended up taking them all out.

Fr alloys

Bought them off ebay £220 with 4 descent tyres. Drove down to derbyshire to pick them up and the little beeza didnt skip a beat :D

KGrHqZloE6BzkN6rYBOjK5kdSc_12.jpg

Was really impressed when i picked them up they were like new !

I was desperate to get them on so i got some supplies to do the callipers

Painted Callipers

Painted the Callipers red with some Hycote Calliper paint, I put 3 coats in total on and im happy with the outcome.

IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

Painted rear drums

I painted the rear drums black , I used some high temperature satin black paint. I was going to do them red but thought it would look drastically ott.

IMAG0004.jpg

Last edited:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Like the idea of the leds under the wing mirror :) Also, i think your idea of waiting to buy a fr or cupra is a good idea (that's what i did). No point in throwing money at a 1.2/1.4 in my opinion.

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
How she stands with alloys on

339523_10150413493946189_647551188_10523137_1882617882_o-1.jpg

Some shiny parts come through the post :D

IMAG0252-1.jpg

2x Cupra wing mirror covers
2x glove box hinge pins
4x Cupra vent switches
Aux input lead for alana head unit
Seat keyring
Rear drinks holder ( pain in the arse only having one cup holder!

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0255-1.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Bus driver left me a nice present[:@]

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

The unmistakable colour of the arriva busses ! Can't see the dent on the pic but its a fair ding , happened when I parked outside my lasses house she has a bus stop outside her house. God knows how they did they must of had to come up the curb ! :confused: managed to get the paint off but dent is still there and annoys thehell out of me lol.

Last edited:

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
Ordered two led plate lights.

Ordered 2 led number plate lights today. They were £2.49 for two and come with a years warranty didn't think it was too bad :) had to put my bootlight bulb in my number plate as one blew.

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
Like the idea of the leds under the wing mirror :) Also, i think your idea of waiting to buy a fr or cupra is a good idea (that's what i did). No point in throwing money at a 1.2/1.4 in my opinion.

Yeah I don't see the point in throwing money at it when I'm gonna sell her next year. I've seen Cupras and Fr's advertised on eBay with the same mileage on for around the same price. But if I was to buy an Fr I'd end up upgrading to the same spec as the Cupra anyway ( fmic, 312mm brakes ) so I will just work our at the same money so gonna put money towards insurance money.

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
Well the car is off into vasstech in the morning to get a new anti roll bar and a new hub bearing put in hopefully It will fix the knocking !

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com
About time you got a readers ride! Really like the lights under wing mirror and i agree not much point throwing loads of money at 1.2/1.4's, just wish i could practice what i preach!

I'm also hoping to get a Cupra/FR in january once i have 3 years driving experience. Probably going to be an FR as they are cheaper, and insurance is £700 cheaper for an FR plus they can easily be turned into the same power as the Cupra!

Your car looks very tidy! Keep up the good work!

Well the car is off into vasstech in the morning to get a new anti roll bar and a new hub bearing put in hopefully It will fix the knocking !

Are you a member on www.VAGcars.co.uk? VASStech is a member on there, may be able to get little discount?

Last edited:

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Picture's of the puddle lights.

100_1340.jpg

Fairly easy mod imh and really looks good and works well at night. I used paint protection film over the led strip lights as they weren't water proof. The lights come on with the interior light.

Did you wire into the interior light?

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
Fitted the led number plate lights today aswell

Fitted the led plate lights today, they are not as bright as i wanted o well least i have my boot light back

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.