Should I Be Worried?

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Yet again - my car didn't feel as if it were attracting enough attention to itself maybe?... Soo - this is my latest distruption, the rocker cover? at the bottom, between the cylinder block and the gasket rubber seal seems to be leaking a little?

There's clear staining of oil seeping through, doesnt look like much at all, but hey - it's starting, so it won't get any better now will it? :(

Here's some pics, see what you make of it;

DSC07733.jpg

DSC07735.jpg

Should I be worried? Checked my dipstick, and it seems to be at the same level-ish every week now for the last 3 weeks.

Thanks! :)

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
as in the rubber gasket? Yes I did remove the rocker, but this was like 8 weeks ago, it's only started to leak about 3 weeks ago! :(, but I probably didnt help did I :|, och meeen... so just another rubber gasket then?

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
The rubber one on the rocker cover usually survives without being replaced in my opinion. Although on a 13-4 year old car the rubber will have gone hard if it's never been taken off before.

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
thanks for all the help! :) Uniparts? How much will it be? About £20? M1KEH - Yeah I know what you mean, I'm a bit concerend with that issue when I was going to pull off the hoses on the radiator and flush it through... hmm :think:

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
If you gonna flush your cooling system make sure all the clamps you want to take off are in good condition, if not buy new ones first.

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Yeah will do!... Will jubilee clips do as replacements or do I have to get those crimp-type ones that you get off with pliers, in other words - if you slip, they flick up into your face, and hurt! :p

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Yeah will do!... Will jubilee clips do as replacements or do I have to get those crimp-type ones that you get off with pliers, in other words - if you slip, they flick up into your face, and hurt! :p

Use the correct tool and they are sooo much easier to remove :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Huge water pump pliers and they are off in seconds :) those bendy screwdrivers for putting on jubilee clips seem to work well too - i'm always overtightening stuff else

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
aah ok thanks guys!... Yeah that was a one off when I took it off on something around my car once, and it flicked up and hit my cheek lol, lucky it didnt hit my eye!! Although - I do wear glasses, but even so. Thanks again!... :)