Slat grill vs honeycomb grill

Leroy33

Hi, simple one for those in the know, my LC has a honeycomb grill, i was looking at debadging the other day and was inspired by the look of one on here so i ordered one from FK. its arrived, ive gone to fit it and realised that its a grill with vertical slats for the center one where the Seat badge is, so ive looked at a few more and there are loads who have vertical slates in the middle and horizontal slats either side.

so my question is, which Leons have the slats and which are honeycomb? also is there anywhere selling honeycom badgeless grills? im going to have to sell the slat one as it will look out of place if the whole front end is honeycomb.

Bickerton

Mar 4, 2012
Slats Lcr, honeycomb lc. Middle one is different sizes on the 2 cars, outer are same size but need a bit of fettling to fit. I think most centres are custom jobbies, have a death and it'll probably appear

Europower

I have an 04 Leon MK1 TDI cupra. It has a honeycomb as well. I have never seen one with Slats. What year is yours? maybe its related tot he year of the vehicle?

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Only facelift Cupras (petrol and diesel) have the honeycomb grilles. Older cupras, LCRs and "normal" Leons all have horizontal slats on the outsides and vertical slats in the middle. As Bickerton said the outside ones are all the same size, the middle ones are all the same size apart from on the LCR which I think has a smaller middle one to allow for the hole / vent thing below it.

Not my cup of tea personally de-badging the front so I don't know if you can buy one. I have definitely seen ones on here though so search around, a guy called Ravi50 (or something like that) has one on his sig I think. I might be making it up but I'm sure I've seen an LCR with honeycomb too, so they must be out there somewhere.

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
badge less honeycombe was are custom made you need to DIY even the lcr ones if replaced by honeycombe are custom made. as far as i know there are no premade badge less honeycombe grills

20130903_171320_zps170c197f.jpg

Leroy33

Cheers all, mine a 52-plate LC and its the same as Ravi's. All honeycomb.

In fact Ravi it was reading your thread that made me want one!!!

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Haha cheers dude. There's a thread on here for how to make one but essentially you need 2 honeycombe grills cut the s out both the use the remains on one to fill the gaps for the other :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.