Slight pull to the left. Can anyone help?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
My LCR has pulled to the left ever so slightly for the last few weeks :(
(I feel like I have to hold the right side of the wheel ALL the time at the mo:blink:)

Now it does it on different roads and not all the time, different gears/speeds, so I'm a bit baffled as it's also been in at a dealer (using the remainder of my warranty as much as I can) and they found nothing wrong and said this is common, although I think they gave it a quick check over, tyres, balancing, and NOT a full geometry check.

I'm in the Kent area (Bromley/Orpington way) and would like to know where I can get this checked out (i.e a FULL geometry check), tyres are all same Yoko's and have similar tread left so nothing wrong in that department, all pressures checked etc etc

I think I saw in a thread a mention of this kind of check at VW and costing circa £80? Can I get this done at SEAT?

Or does anyone know if there's a really good independent garage around that specialize in this area and can sort it out? :confused:

I know that Ibiza's and other people's Leon's suffer from this aswell but it's just starting to get irritating now as my 3 previous (inferior) cars didn't do this, and I'd like to get it sorted asap

Cheers in advance
:)

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
The best thing to do is get 4 new tyres and have the alignment done - I did this and after 6 months of left syndrome it drove perfectly straight.

I since got a rear puncture meaning a new tyre and then replaced the 2 front tyres a month later and it's doing it again. As far as I can see, it's just very sensitive to tyre wear differences.

Basically, there is no definitive answer but if after 4 new tyres and a full alignment check you still have issues then you can look into it deeper.

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
A full alignment check would do camber and tracking and possibly cost about £80, i would do this before spending out on new tyres.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Indeed. However if they tyres have worn oddly, it might fix it until you change them, hence why I'd do it all at once.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
The best thing to do is get 4 new tyres and have the alignment done - I did this and after 6 months of left syndrome it drove perfectly straight.

I since got a rear puncture meaning a new tyre and then replaced the 2 front tyres a month later and it's doing it again. As far as I can see, it's just very sensitive to tyre wear differences.

Basically, there is no definitive answer but if after 4 new tyres and a full alignment check you still have issues then you can look into it deeper.

Cheers for your reply mate. Only problem is I don't need 4 new tyres and am waiting for the fronts to wear down to buy 4 new all round (as 4 tyres are not cheap on LCR's)

Can see where your coming from though and will bear it in mind :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
A full alignment check would do camber and tracking and possibly cost about £80, i would do this before spending out on new tyres.

Indeed. However if they tyres have worn oddly, it might fix it until you change them, hence why I'd do it all at once.

I think I'll see how it goes over the next week, as I've recently had the dogbone mount done bushes put on (it was pulling before I got them fitted) and has since not been as bad, I wonder if they're still settling down?

Tyres will need replacing before it warms up so I think I'll do the lot at once soon if it doesn't get any worse.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.