Slow speed fan

Tomfinn94

Jul 31, 2021
Kent
Hi guys, my mk3 has recently stopped the low speed cooling fans. Tested by bridging the radiator switch.

How would I fix this issue? Is it new fan cowling?

Thanks in advance

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Probably if you want to have a straight forward repair task, more enthusiastic DIYers might buy some high wattage resistors and fix it in that way. Info via Google search I'd expect for links to that way of fixing things.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
One way to prove that is it unplug the power lead to the fan(s) and stuff a DVM down the wire to see if the low speed path is still intact and not open circuit. Or bodge up a fused 12V feed to both speeds into that unplugged connector.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Probably that is what usually fails, though check the interconnecting wiring over as well as the slow speed fan fuse.

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
If you want replacement radiator fan (not new but from stock of broken Mk3s), go on facebook and look for Jason Appleby. He has a stock of parts and always been very good to deal with on the numerous parts I've got from him

Tomfinn94

Jul 31, 2021
Kent
If you want replacement radiator fan (not new but from stock of broken Mk3s), go on facebook and look for Jason Appleby. He has a stock of parts and always been very good to deal with on the numerous parts I've got from him
Yeah I've spoken and collected parts from Jason before

Tomfinn94

Jul 31, 2021
Kent
Does anyone know how much of a ******* these are to change. Attempted it tomorrow and don't know where to start

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise