Soft Open Mechanism for Glovebox broken

A_5mith

Jun 14, 2017
West Yorkshire
Afternoon all,

Car: Leon Cupra 300 ST (Mk3, 2020)

Closing my glovebox today, heard a bit of a crunch just as it closed, it now drops like a stone when opened. The soft open appears to have come detached from the side of the glovebox. Have dropped the glovebox down by squeezing both sides in. And the soft close "device" is indeed no longer an integral part of the glove box, the plastic clip that is attached to the side of the glovebox has a split at the corner of one of the "arms". (I'm assuming it's supposed to be open at the top to slot the soft close portion on to it...)

Looks to be the flimsiest cheapest bit of plastic I've ever seen and not sure it would survive a glueing, but may attempt it before going down the route of a replacement glovebox. Anyone know a decent place to source a new glovebox just in case? Had a look on SEAT direct parts, and they don't do them it seems.

Few images below where you can see the offending article. Wouldn't mind if the glovebox was rammed full of stuff, used constantly and I uppercut it shut, but it holds the manual, and some Ray-Bans... So is only really opened on a sunny day. :mad:

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Snap… literally!

Dealer broke mine during the service replacing the pollen filter. Waited for me to find it though. And also lost my service book (and any money from me again!).

If yours has had the pollen filter replaced recently, this may be the reason.

Attachments

• 9C8A0EAC-E0AD-4AA7-B1CA-62FCCE908E7F.jpeg
    9C8A0EAC-E0AD-4AA7-B1CA-62FCCE908E7F.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 102

A_5mith

Jun 14, 2017
West Yorkshire
Had a wiring loom issue behind the dash, so suspect Luke Cage was doing the dismantling process...

Tried a spot of glue but you physically can't get to it to pop it back in without the glovebox being out.
In two minds whether to bite the bullet and order a new one and some removal tools for the nav or just live with it. Found a new one for £42. Don't know how much they're supposed to be, but doesn't seem terrible.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.