Software version

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Hi All,

what is the latest software version for the ateca? I’m trying to find out if mine needs updating or not?

x21_jaf

Aug 15, 2021
I currently have version 0836 - My car is in on Tuesday next week for an update, not sure if version 0840 is the update they are doing. 21 Plate Seat Ateca Experience Lux. Will know more once I get the car back after the update. What version have you got?

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Hi, I have 0836 as well. Software apparently is over the air? No updates seem to available of the system screen. Is 0840 available do you know? 23 Ateca experience lux here

x21_jaf

Aug 15, 2021
I have had a few OTA updates/fixes at the start of the year just after I got the vehicle, but nothing since. I did see on a forum that 0840 was available but not sure if that was for the hybrid cars or cupra ateca - it's all so complicated. The new leon software has been over the air for the last big update so hopefully the ateca might do the same moving forward.

x21_jaf

Aug 15, 2021
I have had a few OTA updates/fixes at the start of the year just after I got the vehicle, but nothing since. I did see on a forum that 0840 was available but not sure if that was for the hybrid cars or cupra ateca - it's all so complicated. The new leon software has been over the air for the last big update so hopefully the ateca might do the same moving forward.
I got my car back yesterday and software was still 0836. I asked them to check for any updates that were available but they only did some telematic module updates from the information I could get from the service desk.

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
I’m on 0836 as well. I’ve been keeping an eye out for the update but nothing so far. Fed up with the restarts and sluggishness of the system though

x21_jaf

Aug 15, 2021
I have just updated to 0841 via a software update provided by Easy Yorkshire Retrofit. https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/ It cost £20 and worked very well. From what they said this update should stop the random restarts. I never had that issue but just wanted to update to the newest software without going to the dealer who said I was already on the latest version. The whole process was done in around 20 min. I did need to purchase a usb-c memory stick to load the files on to.