Sony W810i Aux connection

ircool

Zennith TFSI FR
Dec 5, 2006
Hi all,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but Sony Ericsson in South Africa think I am speaking greek. I have a hone with 2GB memory which I use to store my fav. tunes for gym and the like. It is basically an mp3 player / phone combined. Any idea if you can get a connector cable linking the phone to the aux input jack in the FR?

LordElric

Aug 30, 2006
Chalkida,Greece
i am speaking greek too,,,,xaxaxa
generally speaking,there are quite many informations that manuals do not include,so i think that it would be a good idea for seat to create an online forum 24 h/d with customers,for example a page for seat europe

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
yeah you can do that, the headphones that come with a sony ericsson walkman phone all have a output to a normal headphone jack...so of course all you'd need then is the lead from that to the AUX which should be easy enough to find. Its sort of like that link to ebay apart from the wires longer than that one and its official of course, im sure you can get them on ebay or in a phone shop somewhere!

ircool

Zennith TFSI FR
Dec 5, 2006
Thanks all... it works!
I was a little concerned that when u plugged in the headphones the phone goes into 'headset' mode and wasnt sure the bluetooth would still work... but it does. The car pauses the mp3 as the phone rings etc and resumes the track on termination of the call.

Happy :D

pauldolling

Thanks all... it works!
I was a little concerned that when u plugged in the headphones the phone goes into 'headset' mode and wasnt sure the bluetooth would still work... but it does. The car pauses the mp3 as the phone rings etc and resumes the track on termination of the call.

Happy :D

Can you explain what lead you used and where you plugged it in please, as I would like to do the same and also use my Ipod.:help:

ircool

Zennith TFSI FR
Dec 5, 2006
I am guessing you dont have an aux in jack if you dont know where to plug it in... its on the centre consol near the back seat cup holders.

Apple sells a cable with a line-in connection to link to cars / hi-fi's etc