Sos error.... Anyone else?

Aug 10, 2021
My car goes in to the dealership next week for this issue, I'm told a software update will fix this, even though an over the air update didn't resolve the issue.

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
Do let us know if it resolves the issue. I believe over the air updates are only for minor bug fixes and is limited on what they can fix.

Aug 8, 2021
Same issue has been occurring for me but only when I'm on motorway . Disappears as soon as I turn the car on and off again. Not sure what's going on but think it must be some sort of software glitch.
I moaned to Cupra customer services about loads of software issues including the SOS error… they admitted that “they’re aware of several issues and the main dealers have some software patches they can install”. I spoke to my nearest main stealer and they said that they have some fixes but the SOS fix isn’t expected before September… I’m waiting and living with my infotainment lighting up like a Christmas tree with erroneous error messages and settings changes and yellow warning triangles etc. Annoying as the car looks great and drives great… the glitches ruin it.

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
I moaned to Cupra customer services about loads of software issues including the SOS error… they admitted that “they’re aware of several issues and the main dealers have some software patches they can install”. I spoke to my nearest main stealer and they said that they have some fixes but the SOS fix isn’t expected before September… I’m waiting and living with my infotainment lighting up like a Christmas tree with erroneous error messages and settings changes and yellow warning triangles etc. Annoying as the car looks great and drives great… the glitches ruin it.
Got to be honest with all these software problems I’m sort of dreading getting the car and excited at the same time. Hope I don’t get a lemming. It’s a bit hit and miss by the sounds of it.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
After 4000 mainly trouble free miles on Wednesday I got the ”SOS” error telling me to take my car to a dealer, I started the car on Thursday and still had the error message but now also have a problem with the infotainment system that is just trying to boot up all the time so now have no radio or music as CarPlay won’t connect. I can still access the heating controls and the reversing camera works but nothing else so I called Cupra customer services as I bought my car from one of Cupra’s retail stores in Lakeside and was told that they can’t comment until my car has been seen by a dealer. I called the dealer I bought my Ibiza from in Ashford and they said they would have to do a diagnostic check on the car so then have to book the car in. As I told them that they are 40 miles from me and don’t have the latest software they agreed to book the car in for this Thursday as I said I would wait while they work on my car. While they have the car they are going to look at the wireless charging pad as I can’t put my iPhone 8 on it due to it over heating within 30 minutes. Hopefully they can get the issues fixed as I’m going camping the following week. I still love the car and would order again, the Formentor is a great car!

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
My advice, turn off the data sharing for now. That may well surpress the SOS errors. My car also boils my samsung phone on the wireless charging... Annoying

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Aug 14, 2021
Epsom
Hi all, this is my first post but have been reading for a while now after finding my way here at some point. I have a VZ2 and have been fairly lucky with most issues that seem to impact a lot of users. I do have some of them but learn to work around them in most cases.

The SOS issue is an odd one and it seems to have got worse over the last couple of weeks but is repeatable in the same locations for me without fail. I haven’t taken it to the dealer yet as I am more concerned about introducing additional issues that I do not experience or find annoying.

One thing I want to share though is that whenever I do lose the globe or get the SOS warning come up, I can clear it by repeatedly pressing the SOS button. This initiates the emergency call to the contact centre which clears the issue for me every time. I have read somewhere that a long hold does the same but I get less satisfaction doing that.

If this does work for you, the car will make a call to the contact centre or you can cancel it. If you stay on the call you can explain why you are speaking to them which hopefully annoys them or costs them enough to resolve the fault.

Hopefully it works for others too.

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
Top info! Thankyou!

It will give be great pleasure to piss off VW by calling them with the SOS button. Revenge for not fixing the problem!

I have been in Spain since late June and have only had one sos error. I was plagued by them in London

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Hi all, this is my first post but have been reading for a while now after finding my way here at some point. I have a VZ2 and have been fairly lucky with most issues that seem to impact a lot of users. I do have some of them but learn to work around them in most cases.

The SOS issue is an odd one and it seems to have got worse over the last couple of weeks but is repeatable in the same locations for me without fail. I haven’t taken it to the dealer yet as I am more concerned about introducing additional issues that I do not experience or find annoying.

One thing I want to share though is that whenever I do lose the globe or get the SOS warning come up, I can clear it by repeatedly pressing the SOS button. This initiates the emergency call to the contact centre which clears the issue for me every time. I have read somewhere that a long hold does the same but I get less satisfaction doing that.

If this does work for you, the car will make a call to the contact centre or you can cancel it. If you stay on the call you can explain why you are speaking to them which hopefully annoys them or costs them enough to resolve the fault.

Hopefully it works for others too.
Thanks for the advice, it has cleared the SOS error and the infotainment screen has star working again. I will cancel the appointment for the car to go back in.

Reactions: Evans7777
Aug 10, 2021
My car goes in to the dealership next week for this issue, I'm told a software update will fix this, even though an over the air update didn't resolve the issue.

Just got a call from the dealership, I had an issue with the infotainment system sometimes not coming on, the said they have updated the software to resolve this however the popping noise and the SOS message will be fixed in a later software update which they don't have a timeline on!

Depeare

Feb 18, 2022
Woking
I had the same issue with the SOS 🆘 with it popping in the speaker when it left the screen unresponsive. The car needed an update but the car wouldn’t do it. Seat forced the update and it’s been great since with the cars panels being more responsive. It fixed the issue

Reactions: dashnine and IanH72

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I've had the double pops a few times in the 4 weeks I've had the car but no other consequences (that I noticed). I did have the SOS Error message and SatNav goes walkabout feature once but I'm not sure if it followed any double pops. SOS and SatNav were fine the next day and since. Now I know the two maybe related will check if it happens again.

Depeare

Feb 18, 2022
Woking
I had the issue to, SOS came on a lot with a noise from the speaker, with then some times, not being able to change stuff on conceal , it’s because the car needs an update, but the car won’t do the one it needs on its own,well not the right one. So it needs to be done by a seat dealership, who will get authorisation from CUPRA. When it’s done what a difference it makes to the car performance and also display Changing slightly too, and the car seems to be more efficient to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
So after 2 weeks of ownership (the car is 9 months old, 4500 miles V2 hybrid, software 1803) I got the "SOS emergency, contact dealer" message today & my satnav went mental. I'd just dropped my mum off at Manchester Airport & I heard a couple of pops from the speaker before parking up. The sos popped up as soon as I started the car in the carpark. I tried the inbuilt satnav and it was totally unresponsive and wandering all over the place like the GPS wasn't working. So I switched to Android Auto, set my home address and guess what... the map was just the same jumping all over the place!
Anyway I tried to cancel navigation via the Google button but Google responded by saying there was a problem. So I'm assuming that the car has lost its connection to the server but why would that affect Android Auto? My phones signal is fine!
So I'd like to try and reset the infotainment system, any pointers on how to do that please or if there's anything else I can try?
I'll have a chat with the stealers in the morning but I'm driving on holiday in 12 days time & I bet they won't look at it before then. What a pita :mad:

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I've had the double pops a few times in the 4 weeks I've had the car but no other consequences (that I noticed). I did have the SOS Error message and SatNav goes walkabout feature once but I'm not sure if it followed any double pops. SOS and SatNav were fine the next day and since. Now I know the two maybe related will check if it happens again.
I’m still experiencing the pop/crack and then occasionally the SOS error a minute or two later. It invariably happens in the Redditch area which I pass through fairly regularly, and is then fine on restart the next day. Seems bizarre that the system can’t pickup a new phone signal when it’s available.

Reactions: oldgitdave

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Mine's now been updated to the latest software and so far so good. I had a whole raft of issues; the SOS Emergency, speaker pops, SatNag going mental, user settings being updated (on every start up), road signs in kph, ACC not overtaking etc. prior to the update. Time will tell.

Reactions: Depeare
May 12, 2022
Hi There,
I've recently taken delivery of a pre owned car 21 plate, from a mail dealer. I've complete two 300 mile journeys in 2 weeks and on both occasions the SOS Call (yellow) has come up.
"Error emergency call. Please visit workshop". Nothing seems to be wrong with the vehicle. The first time i used the call feature. On the call they dialled into the car and said all was ok. The Icon disappeared. So the second time I've put a code reader on it, however no fault codes are stored. Car seems to be fine. Interestingly I found breakdown paperwork and replacement 12v battery receipts, and am beginning to suspect the last owner handed it back.....It has Software version 1896. and the SOS light's disappeared again... Any thoughts?