SOS / Travel Assist unavailable errors after 1940 update

Nov 11, 2023
Hi - As a new owner of a VZ2 310 Formentor (brought from an Indie) that was on software 1896 - I purchased updates via yourselves and ran the updates sequentially
to release 1940. The updates completed without problems. This has produced the classic constant errors with 'emergency SOS / Travel Assist unavailable errors.
The car has since done a small OTA update without issues but the problems remain. I'd only done 200 or so miles pre-update but the problem didn't seem to show - (although the car
was in Guest mode with no primary user - which I've added.

I gather this may be the telematics unit hardware/firmware?

I've only got 6-7 weeks of manufacturer warranty left so am keen to get booked into a Cupra stealer and just wanted advice so they dont try and fob me off.

Thx

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
There'll be firmware for the telematics module to do as well. Mine had to go in twice to get this sorted - all done under warranty though. As soon as I said "SOS error" to my dealer they knew exactly what the issue was as it's been so widespread.

Reactions: DBR100
There'll be firmware for the telematics module to do as well. Mine had to go in twice to get this sorted - all done under warranty though. As soon as I said "SOS error" to my dealer they knew exactly what the issue was as it's been so widespread.
As above, it's likely your telematics module is on an old (buggy) software release

Reactions: Tell and DBR100
Apr 18, 2022
Hi - As a new owner of a VZ2 310 Formentor (brought from an Indie) that was on software 1896 - I purchased updates via yourselves and ran the updates sequentially
to release 1940. The updates completed without problems. This has produced the classic constant errors with 'emergency SOS / Travel Assist unavailable errors.
The car has since done a small OTA update without issues but the problems remain. I'd only done 200 or so miles pre-update but the problem didn't seem to show - (although the car
was in Guest mode with no primary user - which I've added.

I gather this may be the telematics unit hardware/firmware?

I've only got 6-7 weeks of manufacturer warranty left so am keen to get booked into a Cupra stealer and just wanted advice so they dont try and fob me off.

Thx
Hi there,
Since a few weeks I have the same issue. Could your dealer solve the issue? Did a telematic update do the trick?
I am already out of warranty and only want to go to the dealer if I know exactly what has to be done with the my Seat.
Thanks!

Nov 11, 2023
Hi there,
Since a few weeks I have the same issue. Could your dealer solve the issue? Did a telematic update do the trick?
I am already out of warranty and only want to go to the dealer if I know exactly what has to be done with the my Seat.
Thanks!
I did get the latest update from the dealer as I'm too out of warranty in a few weeks time. Problem seemed to go away for a couple of weeks but back with a vengeance now, every journey. Frustrating! I really regret trading my Skoda VRs 245 MK 3.5 now, 3 years ownership not a single fault. Not sure if this would also be true of any Mk8 Golf based though, it's such a shame as bar the constant software/firmware issues I love the rest of the car.